Abby Sunderland: The Lost Sailor Found In Indian OceanJune 12th, 2010 - 5:43 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
June 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Abby Sutherland whose real name is Abby Sunderland was lost at the sea last Wednesday as reported. This 16 year old girl from California was sailing solo around the world when she lost all the contacts and reported missing by her family.
The rescuers have made contacts with her and she has been found safe and well. Her yacht was spotted in the Southern Indian Ocean by an aerial search team, midway between Australia and Africa.
Abby Sunderland has told the rescuers that she was unharmed but lost sailing capacity. Last Thursday when her emergency beacon was activated a Qantas Airbus A330 was sent to her rescue. It then spotted Abby Sunderland’s boat in Southern Indian Ocean, named Wild Eyes and made contacts with her via radio. Three boats have been sent to her rescue and the first one is expected to reach her by Saturday.
Abby Sunderland attempted to become the youngest solo sailor circumnavigating the globe. She was lost because of the rough weather condition which disconnected her from all contact. Her family was optimistic about her return and now that she is found her family is now elated with the news of her safety.
The family says that she will not resume her journey after she is found. She is expected to be back home as per reports. Reports say that her father Laurence Sunderland has told a news channel that the search and rescue team has made contacts with her.
They verified that she was not injured. The world saw an event where a teenage girl was lost at the sea and also with a happy ending where she is found safe by the rescue team.
The family is awaiting her homecoming.
- Abby Sutherland: 16 Year Old Girl Lost At Sea - Jun 11, 2010
- Teen Sailor's Family Denies Allegations of Reality Show - Jun 15, 2010
- Teen Sailor Abby Sunderland Rescued - Jun 12, 2010
- Urgent:Teen Sailor Abby Sunderland Feared Lost; Emergency Rescue Launched - Jun 11, 2010
- 16-year-old sailor Abby Sunderland feared lost at sea - Jun 11, 2010
- Missing Californian Teen Sailor, Abby Sunderland, Reported To Be In A Safe And Sound State - Jun 11, 2010
- Round-the-world teen sailor found alive in Indian Ocean - Jun 11, 2010
- Round-the-world teen sailor feared lost at sea? - Jun 11, 2010
- Teenage solo sailor rescued in Indian Ocean - Jun 12, 2010
- Teenager California sailor Abby Sunderland found alive - Jun 11, 2010
- Round-the-world teen sailor rescued - Jun 12, 2010
- Fourteen Year Old Dutch Sets Sail on Solo World Trip - Aug 04, 2010
- Round-the-world-teen-sailor vows solo try won't be last - Jun 13, 2010
- Teen Sailor Abby Sunderland Safe At Home, Feared No One Would Save Her - Jul 01, 2010
- Abby Sunderland wants to become the youngest person to circumnavigate the world solo - Jan 25, 2010
Tags: abby, aerial search, airbus a330, emergency beacon, father laurence, gina gomez, last thursday, qantas, radio three, rescuers, rough weather, sailing solo, search and rescue, search team, solo sailor, southern indian ocean, teenage girl, three boats, weather condition, wild eyes