A huge 750 pound shark caught in FloridaOctober 11th, 2009 - 1:30 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Florida, Oct 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A whooping 750-pound shark was caught off the coast of Fort Lauderdale, Florida in a surprise heist by four fishermen.
According to the Sun-Sentinel, some fisherman saw a 10-foot long, 750-pound shark feeding on a swordfish. Using the swordfish as bait, the fisherman trapped the shark and took it back to the marina.
Four fishermen Jamie Bunn, Danny Massa, Jeremy Huston and John Monti were on their usual sword fishing on Saturday, off the Point Everglades Inlet. They were in for a great surprise as they had no clue that they were going to create history that day, when bout 18 miles offshore, they noticed a dead swordfish floating in the water, being circled by a macho shark.
Jamie Bunn accidently videotaped the three other fishermen as they tried to lure to the shore a huge female shark, 10 feet in length, using as bait the swordfish on which she had been feeding when they came across her Sunday, WPLG-TV, Miami, reported.
“I’m afraid to lean over. If I fall over I’m dead,” the video showed one of the men yelling, as the group engaged in its successful struggle to capture the shark.
After much struggle and hard work, which went on for many hours, they were able to get the shark gaffed and tied. But even after trying for almost three hours, they were unable to get it onto their boat. “We realized we had a fish well north of 600 pounds when we couldn’t get it in the boat,” Bunn said.
- 750 pound shark caught in Florida - Oct 10, 2009
- Alligator chomps off hand that fed it - Jul 30, 2012
- Wayne Comben & Graeme Pulle pull in UK's biggest shark - May 30, 2012
- Awaiting envoy's report on Indian fisherman's killing: Krishna - Jul 19, 2012
- Sri Lanka arrests 23 Indian fishermen - Jun 21, 2011
- Shark steals fish from reel in Cherry Grove Inlet - Jul 12, 2012
- Sri Lanka fishermen clash with cops over fuel price hike - Feb 15, 2012
- India should assert with Sri Lanka: Jayalalithaa - Nov 16, 2011
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Kerala fishermen's daily tryst with danger - Feb 20, 2012
- Hippo kills man in Burundi - Aug 13, 2012
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa - Jul 17, 2012
- Ghana fishes for fibre glass boats from India - Sep 11, 2011
- Indian fisherman killed by Sri Lankan Navy - Jul 08, 2010
- Take strong stand against Sri Lanka: Jayalalithaa urges PM - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: accidently, bunn, clue, everglades, fisherman, fishermen, florida florida, fort lauderdale, heist, huston, john monti, lauderdale florida, massa, shark caught in florida, shark feeding, struggle, sun sentinel, sword, swordfish, wplg tv