682,000 Halloween lanterns to be recalled because of overheating issuesOctober 28th, 2010 - 10:45 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Oct 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Dollar Tree Stores in conjunction with the Consumer Product Safety Commission in the United States have announced that they are recalling more than 600,000 battery operated lanterns from all over the United States over concerns of overheating by the device.
The statement that was issued for the recall on Thursday revealed that the recall affects the plastic Halloween lanterns that were about 6.5 inches tall resembling ghost, skull and pumpkin. The lanterns came in the colors, orange, white and black.
The recall statement revealed that no injuries have occurred as a result of the overheating but it is believed that the bulb inside the lantern can overheat and start a fire.
The statement said, “This recall involves plastic Halloween-themed lanterns designed to resemble a pumpkin, ghost and skull”. The recalled products were sold in Dollar Tree, Dollar Bill$, Occasions, Deal$ and Dollar Tree Deal$ stores throughout America between the period of August to October.
The affected model has the number 954439-13096-003-1005 printed at the bottom of the lantern.
The CPSC however warned all parents to “take the recalled lanterns away from children immediately, remove and properly discard the batteries and return the lanterns to the store where purchased for a full refund”.
- Dollar Tree Recalled 682,000 Halloween Lanterns - Oct 28, 2010
- Go Crazy With Pumpkin Carving Stencils Patterns - Oct 25, 2010
- Voluntary recall on General Electric coffee makers due to fire hazards after 83 filed reports - May 21, 2010
- Gaddafi masks sell like hot cakes on Halloween - Oct 30, 2011
- HP recalls 78,740 laptop batteries - Jun 03, 2011
- Celebrate Halloween With Creepy Pumpkin Carvings - Oct 05, 2010
- Why do we carve pumpkins at Halloween? - Oct 20, 2010
- iPod nanos recalled fearing battery fire - Nov 17, 2011
- Celebrities In Vogue In Pumpkin Templates This Year - Oct 25, 2010
- No Pumpkin Carving Ideas? Go Online - Oct 21, 2010
- HP recalls notebook computer batteries - May 20, 2010
- Apple recalls first-gen iPod nano - Nov 13, 2011
- Jack-O'-Lantern Templates Available Online - Oct 25, 2010
- Risk Of Fire Hazard Leads Garmin Ltd. To Recall 1.3 Million Nuvi GPS Units - Aug 26, 2010
- Halloween Quotes for all - Oct 31, 2009
Tags: batteries, battery operated lanterns, colors, conjunction, consumer product safety, consumer product safety commission, cpsc, dollar bill, dollar tree, dollar tree stores, ghost, halloween, occasions, orange, parents, product safety commission, pumpkin, skull, united states