$4.5 million 314 B1 Super Tucano Fighter Plane for counter insurgencyJune 2nd, 2008 - 11:20 pm ICT by David M N James
A new aerial war craft the 314 B1 Super Tucano Fighter Plane made by the Brazilian aviation company Embraer is now on sale. American company Black-water which is the most prominent private security company in the world bought one of them last week from the Brazilian aircraft manufacturer. The 314 B1 Super Tucano is a propeller-driven fighter plane with a market value of $4.5 million. Based on a true story, Black Water has been involved in deaths in Iraqi since it was contracted as a private military in Iraqi by the US government.
The 314 B1 is black and grey. It is propeller driven and is very similar to that of the World-War 2 fighter plane. According to Embraer, EMB 314 Super Tucano which is also named ALX or A-29 is a turboprop aircraft designed for light attack, counter insurgency (COIN) and pilot training missions. It uses highly modern avionics and weapons systems.The super Tucano is in use by the Brazilian army, Dominican Republic, Colombia and now Blackwater Worldwide.
The 314 b1 has 2x 12.7 mm FN Herstal M3P machine guns, 1x 20 mm cannon pod below the fuselage, 4x 70 mm rocket launcher pods, Conventional and intelligent bombs, 2x AIM-9 Sidewinder or MAA-1 Piranha or Python 3/4 air-to-air missiles and External stores on 5 hard-points. The maximum speed is 593 km/h (320 knots, 368 mph). These armaments make it a prolific aerial assault weapon which will certainly do well in Iraqi and Afghanistan to curb counter insurgency.
- Brazil's Embraer to begin building drones - Sep 09, 2011
- Brazilian cadet dies in ejection from plane - Jun 06, 2012
- Plane maker Embraer to expand its India presence - Mar 15, 2012
- Aerial stunts by Brazil air force suspended after accident - Apr 04, 2010
- Indian air chief in Brazil to deepen defence ties - Aug 21, 2012
- India to integrate indigenous airborne radar in July - Apr 16, 2011
- Cash-strapped Greece cuts government jets - Aug 28, 2012
- Obama's limousine can move on with tyres blown off! - May 23, 2011
- Scoreboard: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils, IPL - May 13, 2012
- Embraer rolls out plane for India's airborne radar - Feb 22, 2011
- Embraer-based airborne warning system reaches India - Aug 23, 2012
- US hires private firms for 'dirty work': Russian diplomat - Aug 29, 2012
- IPL Scoreboard: Chennai Super Kings vs. Deccan Chargers - May 05, 2012
- India successfully tests second indigenous airborne radar flight (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Second indigenous airborne radar flight tested - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: aerial assault, aerial war, air to air missiles, aircraft manufacturer, assault weapon, aviation company, brazilian army, counter insurgency, fighter plane, fn herstal, m3p, machine guns, pilot training, private military, private security company, rocket launcher, turboprop aircraft, war craft, weapons systems, world war 2