4 killed in Branson TornadoFebruary 29th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Branson, Feb 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) At least four people were confirmed dead after deadly tornadoes devastated at least five states. The twister left behind extensive damages running into several millions of dollars as well.
The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center say as much as 15 tornadoes passed through Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Indiana and Kentucky. Unconfirmed reports say three people were killed by the tornado in Illinois.
Officials at the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that one person was killed after a tornado ripped through his mobile home. 13 other sustained various degrees of injuries when the stormed passed through.
Officers are moving from house to house in Branson to determine if there are more casualties following the storm. Officials have confirmed that more than a dozen people have been injured following the tornado.
The director of public affairs for the Kansas Adjutant General’s Office told ABC News that the state has entered the rehabilitation mode in the town of Harveyville.
She said that, “The town was taken out by about 40 percent of the buildings in the community. A significant amount of it has been destroyed a lot of homes damaged, a lot of buildings down including a church and an apartment complex.”
- 32 killed as tornadoes rip US (Third Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 28 die as tornadoes rip US (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Tornadoes kill 14 in US (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- 13 die as fresh tornadoes hit three US states - May 26, 2011
- Storms sweep US midwest - Apr 15, 2012
- Search for victims after deadly tornadoes in US - Mar 05, 2012
- 232 listed as missing after US tornado - May 27, 2011
- Over 1.8 mn go 'powerless' in US for fourth day (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- US tornado toll reaches 38 - Mar 04, 2012
- Storms leave 100,000 without power in Michigan - May 31, 2011
- Missouri tornado toll rises to 132 - May 28, 2011
- 10 killed in giant tornado in US (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
- Seven killed in US tornado (Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
- Four killed in US as tornadoes batter Ohio state - Jun 07, 2010
- Some people on Joplin's Missing List turning out to be safe - May 27, 2011
Tags: abc news, apartment, casualties, dallas county sheriff, damages, deadly tornadoes, feb 29, illinois officials, kansas adjutant general, kansas missouri, left behind, mobile home, national weather service, nebraska indiana, public affairs, storm prediction center, tornado, twister