300-years old violin stolen at London train stationDecember 9th, 2010 - 1:26 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 300-years old violin was stolen from the London train station recently. An official police investigation is going on in the case and the officers in charge said that they have some leads and they are following them up. The robbery had happened on Monday night. The violin is said to be valued at $1.88 million hence understandably the owner of the violin is anxious about the loss.
According to reports, the violin was stolen when its owner stopped at a cafe, which is located just outside the Euston train station. After a while, the owner noticed that her 1696 Stradivarius was missing. She immediately called the police and apprised them of the situation. The expensive violin was kept in a black rectangular case when it was stolen.
The case also contained a Peccatte bow, which is said to be worth around $97,400. Apart from the violin and the Peccatte bow, there was another bow in the case, which is said to be worth around $7,800.
“These items hold enormous sentimental and professional value for the victim, but although they are extremely valuable, it would be difficult to sell them on as they are so rare and distinctive that they will be easily recognized as stolen property,” according to the Detective Inspector Andy Rose.
- Thieves try to sell 1.2-mn pound violin for 100 pounds - Mar 03, 2011
- Stradivarius violin returned after being lost - Jul 31, 2012
- Train passengers robbed in Bihar - Jul 06, 2012
- 'Pakistani army major in railway theft' - Sep 14, 2011
- Student leaves $172,000 violin on bus - Dec 24, 2011
- Ten train passengers found drugged, robbed - Jan 09, 2012
- Stradivarius violin to be sold for Japan tsunami victims' relief - May 03, 2011
- Now, fungi route to modern Stradivarius violins - Sep 09, 2012
- Czech police look for stolen Picasso, Renoir paintings - Jul 12, 2012
- Two trains looted in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2010
- Pakistan Army major sacked for theft - Sep 15, 2011
- Four held for robbery in Delhi - Jul 18, 2012
- Violin from Titanic band found - Jan 31, 2012
- Duchess' missing jewellery worth $156,000 sold for peanuts - Jun 18, 2012
- Gang that drugged and robbed passengers caught - Jun 13, 2012