3 Year-Old Girl Suffers Multiple Injury From Bull Terrier AttackApril 19th, 2010 - 9:07 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
New South Wales, Australia, Apr 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Though the species of the dog pit bull terrier is known for its fun loving nature and its characteristic clownish behavior, in recent past it has been involved in many violent attacks. While four days ago a pet bull terrier reportedly mauled a 7 day-old baby to death while it was sleeping next to his mother, on Monday another Bull Terrier in Australia was reportedly killed after it attacked a three year old girl. The toddler was playing in the backyard of a neighboring house when she was attacked by the dog and was seriously injured. The dog has caused multiple injuries to the girl.
The North South Wales Ambulance officers were informed at around 1:30 pm (AEST) of the incident and they rushed to the location in Pindari Crescent at the city of Taree. However, as the injury was serious, the parents of the girl took her to the nearest Manning Base Hospital without waiting for the ambulance. She was rushed in a private car and at present is receiving treatment in the hospital.
The hospital spokeswoman on Monday said that the girl who received serious injury in her abdomen, hips and legs is still in a critical condition but at present is in a stable condition. The Greater Taree City Council spokeswoman has revealed that it has been able to capture the culprit dog. The bull terrier was taken to a vet and destroyed afterward. However, the police is investigating the case. Bull terriers have also in the past been involved in many attacks which have proved to be fatal for the victims.
- Savaged by dogs, Briton fights for life - May 21, 2012
- Dog survives after being stabbed 21 times - Nov 16, 2011
- Toddler killed by family dog - May 29, 2010
- Dogs kill Pakistani girl - Nov 28, 2010
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Man collapses after car hits his dog - Mar 11, 2012
- Dogs maul girl to death in Haryana - Apr 27, 2012
- Dog mauls four-year-old girl's face - May 28, 2011
- Czech brothel woman dies after brutal assault - May 08, 2010
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Attacked by dog, man jumps off 60 feet bridge - Aug 12, 2012
- Four-year-old student mauled by stray dog - Jan 26, 2012
- Surfer falls into shark jaws - Mar 22, 2012
- Baby bitten 100 times by pet dog - Aug 31, 2010
- Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jail - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: ambulance officers, bull terrier, bull terriers, critical condition, greater taree city council, hospital spokeswoman, kar new, loving nature, manning base hospital, meena, new south wales, new south wales australia, old baby, pet bull, pit bull terrier, private car, south wales australia, stable condition, taree city council, violent attacks