29-year-old man dies after drinking a pint of vodka in 4 seconds

September 30th, 2010 - 2:22 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt  

Sep 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a tragic incident a 29-year-old man died after he drank a pint of vodka in just 4 seconds.

According to reports, Richard Davies imbibed a pint of vodka very swiftly in just 4 seconds, despite the fact that his friends were asking him not to do it. They also tried to take his glass away, but he wouldn’t let them and instead gulped all the vodka in one shot. After that, he suddenly felt very sleepy and his friends escorted him to his house and asked him to sleep it off.

However he had consumed a lot of alcohol in a very very small period of time, which led him to lose consciousness. And soon, he was found dead. He never woke up from his drunken stupor at all.

Later an inquiry was held into his death, and the investigators found traces of ‘mephedrone’ in his body. It is also known by the name of ‘meow meow’ and it said to be a synthetic stimulant. Since then, the stimulant has been banned.

“The level of alcohol is sufficient to have killed him of acute alcohol poisoning,” according to pathologist Jan Lowe.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World News |

Subscribe