29-year-old man dies after drinking a pint of vodka in 4 secondsSeptember 30th, 2010 - 2:22 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sep 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a tragic incident a 29-year-old man died after he drank a pint of vodka in just 4 seconds.
According to reports, Richard Davies imbibed a pint of vodka very swiftly in just 4 seconds, despite the fact that his friends were asking him not to do it. They also tried to take his glass away, but he wouldn’t let them and instead gulped all the vodka in one shot. After that, he suddenly felt very sleepy and his friends escorted him to his house and asked him to sleep it off.
However he had consumed a lot of alcohol in a very very small period of time, which led him to lose consciousness. And soon, he was found dead. He never woke up from his drunken stupor at all.
Later an inquiry was held into his death, and the investigators found traces of ‘mephedrone’ in his body. It is also known by the name of ‘meow meow’ and it said to be a synthetic stimulant. Since then, the stimulant has been banned.
“The level of alcohol is sufficient to have killed him of acute alcohol poisoning,” according to pathologist Jan Lowe.
- Brit man on dance drug dies after downing pint of vodka in 4 seconds - Sep 30, 2010
- When Mahie got drunk on 'Sahib Biwi...' sets - Sep 21, 2011
- Party drug damaging to memory? - Sep 20, 2012
- Indian-origin solicitor jailed for smuggling drugs into jail - Mar 13, 2012
- Drinking neat Vodka kills 17-year-old - Mar 17, 2011
- Party drug meow meow killing young Britons - Oct 27, 2011
- Brit girls as young as 11 are binge drinking as much as boys - Jan 29, 2011
- BBC music presenter George Webley death attributed to 'meow meow party drug' - Aug 11, 2011
- Cousin of Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy arrested for drug dealing - Jul 12, 2010
- Alcohol consumption drops in Russia - Dec 29, 2011
- Boozing aggravates sleeping problems more in women than men - Feb 16, 2011
- Bush reveals all about his battle with booze - Nov 09, 2010
- Dog dies saving drunken owner from train - Sep 08, 2012
- Drunken man enters wrong house to sober-up - Oct 15, 2010
- Ban on party drug miaow miaow 'may have done harm rather than good' - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: acute alcohol, alcohol poisoning, consciousness, drunken stupor, investigators, lowe, old man, pathologist, period of time, pint, richard davies, sleep, stimulant, traces, tragic incident, vodka