2009 Dodge challenger:Revisiting the Good Old DaysJune 14th, 2009 - 11:29 pm ICT by GD
Car enthusiasts from all over America are rejoicing at the return of some of the old classic muscle cars reminiscent of a by-gone era forty years ago. The summer of 1969 saw an intense competition between the three biggest American car companies - the Ford Mustang, the Chevvy Camaro, and last but not the least the Dodge Challenger. Even the sternest critics of these car, who have called them gas-guzzling road monsters, are forced to admit it appeal to the American public. Each company had been selling multiple versions of these cars, and personalizing and customizing then became a life-long hobby of many of the owners.
The 2009 Dodge Challenger seems to hearken back to those good old days of the speed and stability of American car designing. Unlike the 2008 Challengers, there has been a no-limit production set on this year’s model as Dodge has added R/T and SE models. The production will depend on the overall demand and the economy. It is a thing of beauty, built for speed and the open road, looking back on a time when ignorance of pollutants and depleting oil reserves gave drivers wings. In spite of its heavy 6.1 liter HEMI engine, 425 horsepower and breathtaking acceleration, the Challenger’s number don’t reflect the way it feels it apparently does zero to sixty in a little over five seconds and the quarter mile in just under fourteen seconds at a little over 100 mph.
Improvements include the addition of a Brembo Brake which ensures a deceleration time which is almost as quick as its acceleration time.
- GM Takes The Wraps Off New Camaro At Chicago Auto Show - Feb 10, 2011
- Ford Set To Win Muscle Car Race With Mustang 2011 - Dec 01, 2009
- Ford V6 Mustang: 1000 Laps On Bristol Motor Speedway - Mar 22, 2010
- GM's Camaro outsells Ford's Mustang - Jan 10, 2011
- Neiman Marcus' Camaros sell out in just 3 minutes - Oct 21, 2010
- Neiman Marcus Camaros Sells Out In 3 Minutes - Oct 21, 2010
- Bugatti Veyron Driver Lets Supercar Loose On Autobahn - Feb 04, 2011
- Five Indian techies die in car accident in US - Aug 11, 2012
- Five Indian techies from Hyderabad die in US car crash (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Biggest gas guzzlers for 2010 - Dec 16, 2010
- Audi Q5's diesel variant launched - Mar 28, 2011
- Envoy defends German cars against Jairam Ramesh's attack - Nov 13, 2010
- Pre-F1 parade to showcase Gandhi's car, vintage beauties - Oct 25, 2011
- Ford Revs Up Mustang GT 5.0 To Rule The Roads - Dec 29, 2009
- Four-time world rally champion sets new car world speed record on ice at 330.695 km/h - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: 2009 dodge challenger, acceleration time, american car, brembo brake, camaro, car companies, car enthusiasts, challengers, chevvy, classic muscle cars, deceleration, dodge challenger, ford mustang, intense competition, oil reserves, pollutants, quarter mile, road monsters, thing of beauty, zero to sixty