2 killed in Cupertino shootingOctober 6th, 2011 - 12:03 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, Oct 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 45-year-old quarry employee is wanted by the police after killing two people and shooting six others in a shooting spree. Shareff Allman is believed to be in a house and which officials have surrounded.
Officials say Shareff is armed and dangerous so they have evacuated the neighborhood in anticipation of a showdown. According to the report, the injured individuals are in critical condition.
The incident happened during a safety meeting of the quarry in Cupertino. Shareff reportedly used a handgun and automatic rifle to carry out the attack. He is described as a disgruntled individual and it is currently not know what provoked the attack.
Authorities say when Shareff left the quarry, he attacked a female driver and took away her vehicle. the woman was driving in the campus of Hewlett Packard when Shareff attacked her. The woman was shot in the leg and she is among the victims being treated at the Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto.
Details are still emerging about the incident. The hospital has not released any information of the conditions of the victims but sources told newsmen that the victims are critically injured.
Shareff is an employee of Hanson Permanente quarry.
- HP may buy software company for $10 bn: Report - Aug 19, 2011
- HP acquires Fortify Software to enhance its application life cycle strategy - Sep 23, 2010
- HP's Interim CEO Trying To Counter The Effect Of Mark Hurd's Resignation - Aug 07, 2010
- Biometric identification technology 'inherently available' - Sep 25, 2010
- Parcel bomb addressed to the Mexican embassy explodes in Athens - Nov 01, 2010
- HP completes acquisition of 3PAR for $2.35 billion - Sep 27, 2010
- HP files suit to block ex-CEO Hurd from taking president's job at Oracle - Sep 08, 2010
- Small plane crashes in East Palo Alto, California neighborhood, buildings on fire - Feb 17, 2010
- Small plane crashes in East Palo Alto, California neighborhood, home on fire (Update) - Feb 17, 2010
- Small plane crashes in East Palo Alto, California neighborhood, home on fire (Update) - Feb 18, 2010
- Man shoots woman, kills self at Wal-Mart centre - Feb 23, 2012
- New York gunman kills one; shot dead (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- New video shows Apple CEO suffering from pain - Feb 22, 2011
- HP completes tender offer for ArcSight - Oct 22, 2010
- Hewlett-Packard says to cut 9,000 jobs over next year - Jun 01, 2010
Tags: anticipation, armed and dangerous, authorities, automatic rifle, critical condition, cupertino, handgun, hanson, hewlett packard, neighborhood, newsmen, oct 5, palo alto, quarry, shooting spree, stanford university medical, stanford university medical center, university medical center