14-Year-Old Girl Shopped By Her Mother To The Police After She Appallingly Vandalizes A War MemorialNovember 17th, 2010 - 11:12 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
November 17, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): A 14-year-old girl in Wolverhampton has confessed in the city’s courthouse that she had perpetrated the offence of spraying bawdy pink graffiti on a war memorial in the city, which so appalled and startled the war heroes on their way to a ceremony that they could not conceal their tears. The teen professed that she had smeared a rather lascivious image of a penis on the memorial and also phrases such as ‘I Love Luke x’ and ‘Spar’s.’ Her mother was so displeased by her daughter’s crude gesture that she shopped the teen to the police station.
The moniker in the cenotaph in St. Peter’s Square directed the police personnel to the adolescent’s residence at Dudley in West Midlands. Her mother asserted to the policemen that she had unearthed a can of paint spray in her daughter’s bag two days subsequent to the vandalizing act. The Mom expressed readiness to be a witness of the prosecution.
The graffiti was observed by the disappointed members of the Burma Star Association while journeying to Wolverhampton’s civic center. They denounced the repugnant act, with John Mellor, the President of Wolverhampton’s Royal British Legion, declaring that it is unfathomable that some culprit would desire to violate as holy a site as a war memorial that exists to pay respect to the British war heroes of the past.
Paul Hitchcock, the prosecutor, has mentioned that the matter had been transported to the Wolverhampton Youth Court, notwithstanding the girl’s adolescence, because of the revulsion created by her abominable act that had anguished the war veterans. Ravi Dev, the defense lawyer, has voiced that the girl was not conscious of the significance of the cenotaph and the reverence with which it is seen when she perpetrated the attack on October 5. Dev has proclaimed that the girl has acknowledged her blunder and her foolhardiness. Dev has voiced that his client had been supplied the spray paint and that this was her initial misdemeanor.
Her Mom has consistently supported the prosecution since she yearns to see her daughter being chastised for her unpleasant act. The case was deferred till Thursday so that the Mom can be there in the courthouse to witness the sentencing of her child, who has received bail.
The besmirched memorial had been purified by the clean-up crew in October, which had been employed by the city’s Council. The price of exterminating the graffiti was £600 as a unique cleaning methodology was needed to preserve the delicate sandstone.
- German artists connect to India with hip-hop graffiti - Dec 09, 2011
- Jessica Ennis' gold postbox vandalized - Aug 09, 2012
- Son of Pink Floyd legend arrested over 'insult to war dead' - Dec 13, 2010
- Teen Moms' Amber Portwood's jail drama to be documented - Jun 12, 2012
- She gets 'guard of dishonour' for sex at war memorial - Aug 21, 2010
- Colombian girl world's youngest mother? - Apr 05, 2012
- Cenotaph sex act case to be heard by UK magistrates' court - Aug 25, 2010
- Time with parents key to teens' well-being - Aug 21, 2012
- Mother lowers girl on train tracks! - Jan 11, 2011
- Binge drinking affects female teens negatively - Jul 17, 2011
- Ahana Deol Is All Set To Flag Off Her Bollywood Journey - Jan 06, 2011
- Nude photos of 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood surface online - Feb 25, 2011
- "Teen Mom" Amber Portwood Gets Daughter's Tattoo On Her Belly - Dec 18, 2010
- Amber Portwood Says Kim Kardashian Is No Idol For Having A Sex Tape! - Jan 21, 2011
- Willow Smith - The Wonder Girl Continues To Rule! - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: blunder, british war, burma star association, cenotaph, civic center, culprit, defense lawyer, john mellor, men at work, moniker, paint spray, pen men, policemen, reverence, revulsion, royal british legion, war heroes, war memorial, war veterans, wolverhampton