100 Cats Inside The Ikea StoreSeptember 11th, 2010 - 8:30 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
September 11, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): A store based in Wembley had an extraordinary idea of letting a 100 cats lose in their store. The result that unfolded was caught on camera with the video posted online. The funny and mischievous antics of the household cats seemed to be well loved by one and all as the video reported well over 900,000 hits. But why did the Ikea store have this idea in the first place?
It has all been planned as a part of their new television campaign that is supposed to air on the 11th of September. Both the thirty as well as the ninety second commercial spots have been booked for this unique advertisement. The tag line is exceptionally witty too and simply states, ‘happy inside’.
The creative director Feh Tarty seems to have a point when he stated that the cats know when to feel happy inside since they are known to pursuit comfort. The cats must have been happy indeed! They seemed to have a field time running around the furniture store and wrecking havoc.
Watching ‘Herding Cats’, the video on the Internet is likely give you an idea of the furniture that will be most comfortable. The commercials can be viewed during the airing of UK’s X factor.
However, Ikea is not planning to stop here. It will soon be launching a Swedish catalogue for 2011 expected to include advertisements, its media in-store as well as a Facebook page. The entire concept is being developed by their communications agency, Cake.
The music of the commercial has been handled by Mara Carlyle while the Vizeum has been looking after the media planning.
- IKEA Features 100 Cats In Its New Commercial - Sep 11, 2010
- The New IKEA Commercial Featuring 100 Cats Grabs Eyeballs - Sep 18, 2010
- India may tweak SME definition for IKEA investment - Aug 04, 2012
- Why shoppers find it hard to escape from Ikea stores - Jan 24, 2011
- IKEA to invest $1.9 billion in India - Jun 22, 2012
- Lara Bingle 'still associated with Speedo' - Jan 30, 2011
- Ikea slammed for using Mafia stereotypes in advert - Apr 18, 2011
- Ikea's racism row over employment of security guards - Jun 13, 2012
- Cat Deeley confirms that she is dating Patrick Kielty - Jun 06, 2012
- When Hathaway thought of living with a cat - Aug 21, 2011
- Consumers often plan to buy unplanned items - Feb 18, 2010
- "Barbie Video Girl" - A Trap Set By Pedophiles? - Dec 24, 2010
- IKEA Furniture Store In Netanya Burned To Ashes - Feb 06, 2011
- Ikea Recalls 3 Million Window Blinds - Jun 11, 2010
- Consumers often plan for unplanned purchases - May 07, 2010
Tags: 11th of september, advertisements, antics, commercials, communications agency, creative director, field time, furniture store, herding cats, household cats, ikea store, mara carlyle, men at work, pen men, september 11, tag line, television campaign, vizeum, wrecking havoc, x factor