10 killed as bus falls into stream in Indian-administered KashmirJuly 31st, 2011 - 1:16 am ICT by BNO News
SRINAGAR, KASHMIR (BNO NEWS) — At least 10 people were killed and dozens more were injured when a bus plunged off a mountain road and fell into a stream in Indian-administered Kashmir, officials said on Saturday.
According to Press Trust of India, the bus was on its way to a tourist resort in Pahalgam in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district when it skidded off the road and fell into Lidder stream at Langanbal, about 80 kilometers (49 miles) from the state capital of Srinagar.
Officials said five people died at the scene, while five others succumbed to their injuries at a local hospital. Among the dead are two children aged 10 and 12 years, a woman, and a police officer. Forty-one others were injured, some seriously.
The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
- 10 killed, 42 wounded in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 30, 2011
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- 16 killed in Kashmir road accident - Aug 20, 2011
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- School bus in Kashmir rolls into gorge, 3 killed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- 15 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- 5 killed in China bus accident - Jun 30, 2012
- 23 injured in Kashmir bus accident - Jan 10, 2012
- Six Amarnath pilgrims killed in road accident - Jul 03, 2010