Zed tells that yoga is a world heritage to be utilized by allSeptember 24th, 2010 - 7:02 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), Sept.24 (ANI): Indian American leader Rajan Zed has in a statement said that yoga is a world heritage to be utilized by all.
“One could still practice one’s respective faith and do yoga. Yoga would rather help one in achieving one’s spiritual goals in whatever religion one believed in. It was not at odds with any faith and rather made one spiritually healthier. Question of spiritual confusion was irrelevant as yoga brought more clarity in thought,” Zed said.
Zed further said that yoga, referred as “a living fossil” whose traces went back to around 2,000 BCE to Indus Valley civilization, was a mental and physical discipline handed down from one guru to next, for everybody to share and benefit from. According to Patanjali who codified it in Yoga Sutra, yoga was a methodical effort to attain perfection, through the control of the different elements of human nature, physical and psychical. Yoga was based on an eightfold path to direct the practitioner from awareness of the external world to a focus on the inner.
According to National Institutes of Health, Yoga may help one to feel more relaxed, be more flexible, improve posture, breathe deeply, and get rid of stress.
Swami Vivekananda reportedly brought yoga to USA in 1893. According to an estimate, about 16 million Americans now do yoga. (ANI)
- Hindus laud Lutheran Church for offering free yoga instruction - Sep 26, 2010
- Yoga has "avatars" in America - Jan 10, 2011
- Hindus laud City of Cambridge for yoga pictures on parking tickets envelopes - Sep 25, 2010
- Many Christian churches in USA offer yoga - Nov 28, 2010
- Premier Catholic University in USA offers Yoga Philosophy course - Dec 29, 2010
- Lauding few Arizona schools for introducing yoga, Hindus urge all USA schools to launch yoga - Oct 05, 2010
- There is "Jewish Yoga" in America - Jan 31, 2011
- Now "Catholic Yoga" in America - Jan 24, 2011
- Hindus welcome endorsement of yoga in a Catholic publication - Aug 23, 2010
- Hindus welcome Catholics to yoga - Feb 26, 2010
- Study says yoga reduces anxiety & improves mood - Nov 13, 2010
- Hindus laud White House for including Yoga in Easter Egg Roll activities - Apr 25, 2011
- Yoga popular at prestigious Brigham Young University - May 04, 2011
- Hindus welcome reports of Jolie-Pitt undergoing ancient Vedic wedding ceremony - Dec 13, 2010
- Welcoming footballer Ricky Williams to Hinduism, Hindus ask NFL to make yoga part of player training - Sep 11, 2010
Tags: american leader, bce, clarity, eightfold path, guru, human nature, indus valley civilization, living fossil, national institutes of health, odds, physical discipline, posture, spiritual confusion, spiritual goals, sutra yoga, swami, traces, world heritage, yoga sutra, yoga yoga