Ze Roberto set to leave Bayern; Gerland to assist van GaalJune 3rd, 2009 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Munich, Jun 3 (DPA) Brazilian midfielder Ze Roberto will leave Bayern Munich after declining the offer of a new one-year contract, the Munich daily tz reports in its edition Wednesday.
Ze Roberto, 34, was quoted as saying he would be leaving Bayern with “pride” after completing a second spell at the Bundesliga club.
“It’s no secret that I would have signed a two-year contract,” he was quoted as saying.
Ze Roberto said he was fit enough to play another two seasons but he respected the club’s decision not to offer him a two-year deal.
Meanwhile new Bayern Munich coach Louis van Gaal will retain Hermann Gerland as co-trainer, the club said.
Gerland, coach of the reserve team since 2001, was assistant to Jupp Heynckes, who was taken on as interim coach after the dismissal of Juergen Klinsmann April 27.
Van Gaal, who will also be assisted by his Dutch compatriot Andries Jonker, is in Munich for his first talks with the club management on planning for next season.
- Dortmund humble Bayern to win German Cup - May 13, 2012
- Bayern Munich on revenge mission in Wolfsburg - Feb 04, 2010
- Munich move closer to van Gaal hiring - May 13, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- New coaches galore as Bundesliga kicks off - Aug 07, 2009
- Coaching oldies set the pace in the Bundesliga - Dec 20, 2009
- Wolfsburg appoint McClaren coach - May 11, 2010
- Borussia Dortmund edge out Bayern Munich in Bundesliga - Nov 20, 2011
- Robben hopes Bayern friendly will inspire young Indian footballers - Jan 10, 2012
- Van Gaal to coach Dutch national team - Jul 07, 2012
- Robin Dutt to take over as sports director of German football (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Robin Dutt appointed sports director of German football federation - Jul 24, 2012
- Bayern are here for serious business, says coach Jupp Heynckes - Jan 09, 2012
- Loew does not need Klinsmann's help: German football body (Lead) - Sep 02, 2009
- Schweinsteiger to be out of action due to ligament tear - Feb 10, 2012