Zardari seeks report on 100 deaths due to spurious drugsJanuary 27th, 2012 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 27 (IANS) Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has sought a report into the death of at least 100 patients undergoing treatment at a Lahore heart hospital from spurious drugs.
Zardari expressed concern over the reports of deaths due to spurious drugs in Lahore and called for a report from the health ministry, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif said that at least 100 patients at the heart institute have died from reactions to spurious drugs.
Sharif said his team was investigating the drug scandal in Lahore’s Punjab Institute of Cardiology.
The government has sent samples of the medicines to France and Britain for analysis.
Sharif said action would be taken against those found guilty.
- 100 die from fake drug use in Pakistan - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan mulls panel to probe fake drugs deaths - Jan 28, 2012
- Pakistan cardiac drug that killed over 100 tainted: Report - Feb 01, 2012
- Panel to improve hospitals in Pakistan Punjab - Feb 02, 2012
- Spurious heart medicine kills 120 in Pakistan - Feb 11, 2012
- Officials axed, Pakistan fake drugs kill 109 - Jan 29, 2012
- Pakistan needs to check medical malpractices: Minister - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistan drug deaths institutionalised incompetence: Daily - Feb 01, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani assure recovery of Taseer - Aug 27, 2011
- Pakistani CM joins protests against federal government - May 11, 2012
- 'Company owners held in substandard medicine scandal' - Jan 26, 2012
- Don't trust Zardari: Punjab chief minister - Jan 08, 2012
- 70 die in Pakistan from substandard medicine - Jan 25, 2012
- Zardari 'pressurised' Punjab Govt. to declare Davis enjoyed diplomatic immunity: CM - Feb 18, 2011
- Lahore factory collapse toll reaches 22 - Feb 09, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, cardiology, deaths, drug scandal, health ministry, heart hospital, heart institute, medicines, pakistan, punjab chief minister, shahbaz sharif, spurious drugs, undergoing treatment