Zara Phillips handbag carrying valuable jewellery stolen from carFebruary 28th, 2009 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 28 (ANI): The Queens granddaughter, Zara Phillips, recently had her handbag, which contained valuable jewellery, stolen from her car.
She had been shopping nearby, and on returning found that her Range Rover had been broken into by thieves, with her riding gear strewn on the road.
Phillips, 27, was close to tears when she saw her damaged car and found her jewellery and cash missing on February 26.
Zara was shaken by the incident and was frantically searching for her handbag, the Sun quoted a source as saying.
Her bag was later recovered from a hedge with her passport still in it.
Police told her later that it was an opportunistic crime but there is always a moment of fear that she has targeted, the source stated.
The Met last night confirmed the theft, and revealed a member of the public handed in the bag.
There are no security implications, he added. (ANI)
- Lindsay gets stolen purse back, but without cash - Dec 12, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter makes Olympic debut - Jul 29, 2012
- French woman held for stealing handbag - Aug 22, 2012
- Lara Bingle's $250k Aston Martin stolen with third set of keys? - Jan 02, 2010
- Zara Phillips banned from selling wedding photos - Jul 30, 2011
- Cricketer Harbhajan's stolen bag recovered - Dec 13, 2011
- Girl, 10, does a Usain Bolt to catch thieves - Jul 01, 2011
- Queen's granddaughter to marry soon - Dec 21, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan has $10,000 stolen from her purse - Dec 12, 2011
- Indian family still clueless about progress in apartment burglary case in Dubai - Feb 10, 2011
- Cheryl Tweedy 'fears sex texts to will.i.am could be in hands of thieves' - Jun 25, 2010
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- Man held for Rs.35,000 theft at Delhi airport - Jun 17, 2012
- Police question Lohan after burglary - Aug 22, 2012
- Designer jeans worth $1 mn stolen from warehouse - Feb 27, 2012