Yuvraj, Uthappa walk ramp at India fashion weekMarch 16th, 2008 - 8:19 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 16 (ANI): Cricketers Yuvraj Singh and Robin Uthappa walked the ramp for country’s ace designer Raghavendra Rathore on the fourth day of the Wills India Fashion Week.
Yuvraj Singh appeared at ease in a stylised long jacket, as he walked the ramp amidst a volley of whistling and cheering from the audience.
Simple cuts with lots of bluing in gold and silver comprised Rathore’s collection for the autumn-winter season.
Models walked the ramp in formals and semi-formals for both men and women with western styles ruling the most part of the collection.
Deviating from the western was the designer duo of Mona Pali, as they turned to traditional Indian embroideries and artwork in their collection.
Silhouettes infused Indian drapes and western styles creating indo-western fusion as the main stay of the collection.
Traditional Indian ‘Kantha’ work with lots of hand painting set the ensembles apart in an interesting colour palette of ivory, black, grey to highlights of lilac, magenta, pink, violet, purple and blue.
“We have used a lot of traditional work. We have tried to bring the traditional ‘Kantha’ work of West Bengal on the ramp. There is lots of layering and fabrics that have been used are all natural. We generally work on natural fabrics a lot,” said Pali Sachdev, designer.
“I think its great and I have worked with Mona Pali before. They are fabulous designers and I am honoured to be part of their show,” said Nina Manuel, a model.
This is the eleventh edition of WIFW and it promises to be a grand affair with around 84 designers and 40 shows.
The five-day event, which opened in New Delhi on March 12, is being held at the Pragati Maidan.
Events like the Wills India Fashion Week provide a platform for the designers to directly interact with the buyers and do good business. (ANI)
- No need to look beyond Indian crafts, say designers Mona-Pali (With Images) - Aug 26, 2011
- Fashion for me is comfort: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Cocktail sari for Gaga - if only! - Oct 28, 2011
- New Puja wardrobe: Jeggings, maxis, gowns - Oct 04, 2011
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Imagination meets simplicity and beauty at LFW - Sep 18, 2010
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand way - Nov 21, 2010
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: autumn winter, colour palette, fabulous designers, gold and silver, grand affair, hand painting, india fashion week, indian drapes, indian embroideries, ivory black, natural fabrics, nina manuel, pali, rathore, robin uthappa, semi formals, west bengal, wills india fashion week, winter season, yuvraj singh