Youngest person to climb all 214 hills in Lake District is just 5yrs oldApril 17th, 2009 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 17 (ANI): The youngest person to climb all 214 peaks in Alfred Wainwright’s Lake District guides is just five years old.
Little boy Robin Regan started climbing up the fells at the tender age of two years and 11 months.
The first peak he climed was Binsey, near his home in Caldbeck, Cumbria.
It was last Sunday when he completed his mission by reaching the summit of England’s highest mountain, Scafell Pike (3,209ft).
And it seems that the desire to climb all the fells runs in the Regan family, for his Robin’s sister Ellen became the youngest person to climb all of the fells in March 2006, when she was just nine.
Later, his other sister Kerry reclaimed the Regan family title from a nine-year-old boy in April 2007, when she was just seven.
However, two six-year-old boys later beat Kerry’s record.
And now, Robin has reclaimed the title for the family.
“My favourites were Skiddaw and Crinkle Crags - even though the weather was horrible. One of the worst was Red Screes. Tarn Crag was bad as well. It was so windy, dad’s map blew away!” the Telegraph quoted Robin as saying.
“I really liked some of the ones with lots of rocks on. I like grassy ones too with a lot of downhill so I can run fast on them.
“I was really excited when I got to the top of Scafell Pike,” he added.
Robin was helped by his parents Clare and David during his expedition.
Clare, 40, said: “The whole family are very proud and really pleased for him. He really enjoys it and so do his sisters. He even did some of them after a day at nursery.” (ANI)
- Brit boy, 5, becomes youngest person to complete 214 Wainwright walks - Oct 20, 2009
- Indian Everest dreams soar to record high in 2011 - Feb 04, 2011
- Teen dies climbing Britain's highest peak - Jan 01, 2012
- Six-year-old Brit boy climbs five Everests! - Mar 10, 2009
- Three US amputee veterans climb Africa's tallest peak Mt.Kilimanjaro - Aug 12, 2010
- Many Britons think that Mount Everest is in UK - Mar 16, 2012
- Many Britons think Mount Everest is in Britain! - Mar 12, 2012
- Britain's favourite countryside poems stirs controversy - Aug 22, 2010
- 9-yr-old Nepalese boy may be the youngest Everest climber - Nov 08, 2010
- 13-year-old American boy becomes youngest person to scale Mount Everest - May 22, 2010
- Beer fan toasts his way around 77 of UK's top tourist attractions! - Jul 20, 2010
- Ronald Reagan suffered from Alzheimer's while still in White House: Son - Jan 15, 2011
- Families fell to the floor when told of New Zealand miners' death - Nov 24, 2010
- There will never be another Bhupen Hazarika: Lata - Nov 08, 2011
- 16-year-old Noida boy returns after scaling Mt Everest - May 31, 2010
Tags: alfred wainwright, crinkle crags, cumbria, favourites, first peak, highest mountain, kerry, lake district, last sunday, old boys, old london, reaching the summit, regan, s lake, scafell pike, screes, tarn crag, telegraph, tender age, weather