Yemen puts $100,000 reward for eight Al Qaida menOctober 17th, 2010 - 8:32 am ICT by IANS
Sanaa, Oct 17 (IANS) Yemen’s interior ministry has offered a reward of $100,000 for providing information about eight militants linked to Al Qaida, state media reported.
According to official Saba news agency, the ministry has announced the name of the all eight wanted terrorists and sought help from people to arrest them, Xinhua reported.
Meanwhile, the ministry said security authorities at Sanaa International Airport arrested an Al Qaida man accused of providing financial assistance to the terrorist group in Yemen.
In a statement posted on its website, the ministry identified the suspect as 33-year-old Saleh M. H. al-Raimy, who was on the black list for funding the Yemen-based Al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). He was arrested Friday upon his arrival from Saudi Arabia.
Yemen, the ancestral homeland of Al Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, stepped up crackdown against terrorist groups after an Al Qaida wing claimed credit for a failed Christmas Day attempt to blow up a US plane bound for Detroit last December.
- Seven Al Qaeda men killed in Yemen - Aug 23, 2010
- US widens sanctions on Al Qaida in Yemen - May 12, 2010
- Six soldiers killed in terrorist attack in central Yemen - May 15, 2011
- Abducted Saudi diplomat in Yemen makes fresh appeal - Jul 02, 2012
- U.S. State Department designates al-Qaeda operative Othman Al-Ghamdi - Jun 17, 2011
- Yemeni Al Qaeda commander killed in air strike (Lead) - Jan 16, 2010
- Yemen to get over $3 billion Saudi Arabian aid - May 24, 2012
- Al-Qaida in Yemen "Western-made," says Yemeni PM - Nov 07, 2010
- Al Qaeda leaders killed in Yemen air strike - May 07, 2012
- Al Qaeda providing free electricity in Yemen - May 03, 2012
- Dozens killed in fresh Yemen clashes - Jul 31, 2011
- Terror plot to bomb US-bound plane foiled (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Five Al Qaeda men killed in Yemen - Sep 27, 2010
- Drones kill 10 Al Qaeda militants in Yemen - Jun 13, 2012
- 21 Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula militants killed in Yemen - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: al qaida, al qaida in the arabian peninsula, ancestral homeland, christmas, christmas day, crackdown, financial assistance, interior ministry, militants, news agency, osama bin laden, qaida leader, saba, saudi arabia, security authorities, terrorist group, terrorist groups, terrorists, xinhua