Yasin Malik to marry Pakistani girlfriend Feb 22February 17th, 2009 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
Rawalpandi, Feb 16 (IANS) Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik is set to wed his Britain-born Pakistani girlfriend Mushaal Mullick Feb 22.
Mullick, a post graduate from the London School of Economics and an artist, is the daughter of Rehana Hussain, chief of the Muslim League (women’s wing). Her father, the late M.A. Hussain Malik, was an internationally renowned Pakistani economist.
Yasin Malik, chairman of the pro-independence Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, is in this Pakistani garrison city these days.
Sources close to Malik say top Pakistani leaders have been invited to the wedding party.
The 40-year-old Kashmiri leader had met Mushaal during one of his tours to Pakistan two years ago.
The wedding dates were fixed during Malik’s current visit to Pakistan. The couple got engaged Oct 24 when the JKLF leader was in detention for launching a poll boycott campaign in Kashmir.
This will be the third high-profile cross-border wedding in the Kashmiri seperatist camp after Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, who married a US citizen of Kashmiri origin, and Sajjad Ghani Lone, who wed the daughter of JKLF supremo, Amanullah Khan, from Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
- Yasin Malik weds his Pakistani girlfriend - Feb 22, 2009
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Khar in Delhi - Jul 26, 2011
- Kashmir participation must in India-Pakistan dialogue: Geelani - Jul 26, 2011
- Kashmir must join India-Pakistan dialogue: Separatists (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Love in Kashmir? Not for the valley's political elite - Sep 08, 2009
- Khar wants result oriented dialogue on Kashmir - Jul 26, 2011
- JKLF protests Kashmir 'killings, arrests', Malik detained - Mar 11, 2011
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 23, 2010
- Sajjad Lone defends separatists silence over killing of Kashmiri girls - Feb 01, 2011
- Kashmir separatists meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 24, 2010
- Pakistan presses India to share Abu Jindal evidence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Only dialogue can solve Kashmir problem: Jethmalani - Jun 02, 2011
- Yasin Malik begins fast against detention of youths - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: amanullah khan, boycott campaign, cross border, garrison city, ghani, jammu, jklf, kashmir, league women, liberation front, london school of economics, malik, muslim league, pakistani leaders, poll boycott, post graduate, separatist leader, umar farooq, wedding dates, wedding party