Yahoo to name Carol Bartz as CEO: ReportJanuary 14th, 2009 - 5:56 am ICT by IANS
San Francisco, Jan 14 (Xinhua) Yahoo Inc. is expected to name Carol Bartz, former head of software company Autodesk, as its next chief executive officer (CEO), Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.Bartz, 60, has accepted Yahoo’s offer, the newspaper said, citing people familiar with the situation.
The offer caps Yahoo’s two-month search for a leader to succeed Jerry Yang, its co-founder and former CEO, who oversaw the company through an acquisition offer from Microsoft and activist investor Carl Icahn’s failed attempt to replace the Yahoo board.
Yang, 40, announced last November that he will step down as Yahoo’s CEO as soon as a replacement is found.
Analysts said Yang’s resignation was due to growing anger among investors who thought Yang made a serious mistake by rejecting Microsoft’s bid to buy out Yahoo.
Bartz will face a number of challenges as she tries to turn around Yahoo’s flagging performance and stock price, the Journal said.
Bartz served as chief executive of Autodesk from 1992 to 2006. Autodesk is around half the size of Yahoo, with approximately 7,000 employees worldwide.
She was also an executive at Sun Microsystems Inc. and sits on the boards of Cisco Systems Inc. and Intel Corp.
- Yahoo names new CEO - Jan 05, 2012
- Yahoo CEO firing shocks the corporate world - Sep 08, 2011
- Troubled Yahoo names Bartz new CEO (Lead) - Jan 14, 2009
- Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang steps down (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Yahoo Ascends in 2010 After Reports Of Buyout Keenness In KKR - Nov 10, 2010
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Yahoo names Carol Bartz new CEO - Jan 14, 2009
- Yahoo Inc Lays Off 600 Employees - Dec 15, 2010
- Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang resigns - Jan 18, 2012
- Yahoo, Microsoft reach search and ad partnership (Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- Yahoo, Microsoft link up in challenge to Google (Second Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- Yahoo considers selling Asian assets: Report - Dec 22, 2011
- Microsoft-Yahoo search deal imminent: Report - Jul 29, 2009
- Yahoo to acquire Interclick for $270 mn - Nov 02, 2011
- Carol Bartz could get $10 million in compensation from Yahoo - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: autodesk, carl icahn, carol bartz, ceo report, chief executive officer, cisco systems, cisco systems inc, co founder, intel corp, jerry yang, last november, resignation, software company, stock price, sun microsystems, sun microsystems inc, wall street journal, xinhua, yahoo board, yahoo inc