Yahoo names new CEOJanuary 5th, 2012 - 5:06 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Jan 5 (IANS) Yahoo has named Scott Thompson, former president of online payment service PayPal, as its new chief executive officer.
Wednesday’s announcement ended the internet company’s four-month search for the right person to fill the position, Xinhua reported.
Thompson’s appointment will be effective Jan 9, when he will also formally join the company’s board of directors, Yahoo said in a press release.
Yahoo fired former CEO Carol Bartz Sep 6, 2011. Bartz had taken over as CEO from Yahoo co-founder Jerry Young in January 2009, when the company was struggling to stay competitive and profitable in a market dominated by Google.
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Yahoo! to cut another 2,000 jobs in restructuring effort - Apr 04, 2012
- Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang steps down (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Yahoo taps former Google executive as CEO - Jul 17, 2012
- Yahoo CEO steps down - May 14, 2012
- Yahoo CEO firing shocks the corporate world - Sep 08, 2011
- Carol Bartz could get $10 million in compensation from Yahoo - Sep 08, 2011
- Yahoo cuts 2,000 jobs - Apr 05, 2012
- Yahoo Ascends in 2010 After Reports Of Buyout Keenness In KKR - Nov 10, 2010
- Yahoo to acquire Interclick for $270 mn - Nov 02, 2011
- Yahoo to axe five percent of workforce - Apr 22, 2009
- Yahoo Inc Lays Off 600 Employees - Dec 15, 2010
- Yahoo, Microsoft reach search and ad partnership (Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- Yahoo, Microsoft link up in challenge to Google (Second Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- Microsoft-Yahoo search deal imminent: Report - Jul 29, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,