World’s steepest roller coaster opens in UKJuly 6th, 2009 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 6 (ANI): A roller coaster, which was recently opened at a British theme park, has made it into record books a the world’s steepest ride.
The terrifying Mumbo Jumbo, at Flamingo Land, near Malton, North Yorks, is a 98ft-high ride and is worth a whopping 4million pounds.
The roller-coaster plunges down at 112 degrees before twisting through a series of tight turns.
It puts riders through “4g” - a similar g-force to that experienced by fighter pilots.
“It puts us in the theme park premier league,” British tabloid The Sun quoted Chief executive Gordon Gibb, 33, as saying. (ANI)
- Kids don't want expensive pastime during holidays - Aug 17, 2012
- Rollercoaster malfunction leaves 25 hanging midair - Jan 25, 2011
- Big B loves Delhi winter (Movie Snippets) - Dec 16, 2011
- Ultimo's ultimate bra test checks endurance on a roller coaster - Sep 03, 2010
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom roller coaster left stranded - Jul 31, 2012
- Harry Potter theme park opens in Florida - Jun 18, 2010
- Record breaking Harry Potter theme park Universal Orlando wows visitors - Oct 16, 2010
- Now, Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios - Jun 20, 2010
- Experience virtual roller coaster in Delhi - Jul 29, 2010
- Squirrel banned from rollercoaster ride! - Feb 15, 2010
- Gambhir gets record $2.4mn; No takers for Ganguly, Lara, Swann (Night Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- 78-year-old Pennsylvanian Male, Laden With Bounciness, Rides A Roller Coaster 90 Times In A Day - Aug 17, 2010
- No lavish house for Lady Gaga - Apr 28, 2011
- Harry Potter park opens in US for wizard fans - Jun 19, 2010
- Roller Coaster Car Accident In Knotts Berry Farm Injures 10 - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,