World’s only plus-size supermodel enraged after being airbrushedAugust 6th, 2010 - 5:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 6 (ANI): The world’s only plus-size supermodel is apparently furious after she was airbrushed for a poster campaign.
Crystal Renn, who suffered from anorexia early in her career, was flooded with messages from friends who were worried she was back in the grip of the illness.
“They brushed about 30lbs off my body,” the Mirror quoted Crystal as saying.
“I sat there in silence for so long when I saw the pictures, I couldn’t believe what they’d done. It didn’t look like me.
“Don’t get me wrong, retouching is an art form. If I have a zit or cellulite, take it off! But don’t cut inches off my thighs. Don’t make me a size two when I’m a 10. It’s totally misleading. Fashion should be about a beautiful girl in beautiful clothes, not this size obsession. It’s dangerous.
“A woman who is naturally a size 18 won’t find it easy to be an 8. Not everyone can be my size, and not everyone can be a size zero. So what? Why should we all be the same size?” she added.
The US 10, or British size 14, Crystal is the only plus-size listed in the world’s top 50 models and has appeared in French Vogue, on the cover of American Glamour and is the face of Evans.
Crystal, who is 5ft 9ins, started modeling at 14 when she was spotted in her hometown of Mississippi. (ANI)
- Plus-size model Crystal Renn reveals disturbing details about anorexia - Sep 26, 2009
- Debut plus size runaway show at NYFW - Aug 19, 2010
- Plus size beauties adorn Vogue Italia's cover page - Jun 03, 2011
- Crystal Renn Upset Over Airbrushed Photos - Jul 23, 2010
- 40pct of women unhappy with their bodies: Study - Nov 02, 2010
- Britain's first mag dedicated to women with real curves - Sep 30, 2010
- Beth Ditto wants own fashion range - May 27, 2012
- Jesinta Campbell claims FHM 'has blown up her assets' - Nov 09, 2010
- I feel 'brand new' after losing 80 lbs: Hudson - Feb 12, 2011
- Supermodel Crystal Renn Not Losing Her Curves, Her Agent Claims - May 31, 2010
- No crazy diets for Cruz - Jun 26, 2012
- Hudson's weight loss woes - Sep 19, 2010
- Spray tan makes Kim's skin glow - Jun 28, 2012
- Sienna Miller finds "plus-sized" models sexier - Dec 15, 2009
- 'All natural' Kim Kardashian fights cosmetic surgery stories - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: anorexia, art form, beautiful girl, clothes, crystal renn, fashion, french vogue, glamour, hometown, mirror, mississippi, obsession, poster campaign, retouching, silence, size zero, supermodel, thighs, top 50 models, zit