Worlds oldest Rolls Royce fetches PS3.5m at auctionDecember 4th, 2007 - 6:29 pm ICT by admin
London, Dec 4 (ANI): The worlds oldest Rolls Royce fetched a record breaking 3.5 million pounds at an auction in London.
According to Bonhams, the auctioneers, the 1904 model is “a true motoring icon and has become the most expensive car to be manufactured before 1905.
According to The Telegraph, the 10-horsepower two-seater was the fourth vehicle to be made at the Rolls-Royce factory in Manchester.
The model is also known as a doctors car as it was owned by three doctors among the six previous owners, before it was procured by a private British collector.
In recent years the car completed the celebrated London to Brighton run. (ANI)
- Indian Maharajah's Rolls-Royce up for sale at 850,000 pounds - Apr 12, 2011
- Lennon's Ferrari to go under hammer - Jan 13, 2011
- Rolls-Royce returns to the city of Nizams - Dec 07, 2011
- Maharaja of Mysore's Rolls Royce to be auctioned - Aug 29, 2011
- Rolls Royce's Spirit of Ecstasy turns 100 this year - Feb 07, 2011
- Rolls-Royce unveils latest model - Oct 05, 2011
- This car hasn't broken down since 1904! - Aug 30, 2011
- Cartier pays tribute to restored 1911 Rolls Royce (With Image) - Mar 15, 2011
- Maharaja of Rajkot's 1934 Rolls Royce to become world's most expensive car - Aug 19, 2009
- Prince William to star in upcoming flick 'Cars 2'! - Apr 21, 2011
- Udaipur's vintage Rolls-Royce wins US trophy (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Moss nude portrait sells for 16,250 pounds - Nov 20, 2011
- 2010 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Now At Reduced Price - Jun 23, 2010
- Kate Middleton gets Jaguar fleet for wedding ceremony - Mar 20, 2011
- After all clear, Qantas to resume A380 flights to US - Jan 12, 2011