World’’s oldest mum, Rajo Devi, 70, wants to have second childDecember 31st, 2008 - 11:56 am ICT by ANI
London, Dec 31 (ANI): An Indian woman, who became the worlds oldest mother after giving birth to a baby girl through IVF, is planning to for a second child.
Rajo Devi, 70, from Badhu Patti in Haryana, India gave birth to a baby girl, named Naveen Lohan on November 28, and now wishes to have a boy.
Rajo and her husband Bala Ram, 72, are hoping that IVF doctor Anurag Bishnoi will help them have a son.
“It’’s amazing to finally be a mum,” the Telegraph quoted Rajo as saying.
“I”ve waited for so long to have a baby of my own. The doctors said I was healthier than many women half my age. I would love to have a boy as well,” she added.
The couple was trying for a child since they married when Rajo was 15 and Bala was 17.
“We prayed to all the fertility gods at Hindu Temples but it never happened before,” said Rajo.
“We thought it was not meant to be Every passing year there was less and less chance of become parents.
I thank the doctor for making this possible,” she added.
Bala Ram had mortgaged all his crop of rice and bamboo for next year and took out high interest loans to pay for the 2,000-pound IVF treatment.
“It was hard and we made lots of sacrifices, but it is worth it,” he said.
All our family and friends are so happy for us. They did not ridicule us for being childless. Now they”ll help us bring the baby up. We finally have someone who can carry on the farm when we die. Maybe in future the doctor can also give us a son,” he added.
Donor eggs from another IVF patient were fertilised with Bala’’s sperm and implanted into Rajo, who became pregnant at the second attempt in April. (ANI)
- 16 years after son died, child born to elerly Haryana couple - Feb 29, 2012
- Seventy-year-old mother celebrates daughter's first birthday - Nov 27, 2009
- World's oldest mother celebrates her child's first birthday - Nov 28, 2009
- 66-year-old gives birth to triplets in Haryana - Jun 13, 2010
- IVF clinics mushroom under toothless ICMR guidelines (Feature) - Oct 19, 2011
- World's oldest mum is critical post giving birth - Jun 14, 2010
- 66-year-old Indian woman gives birth to triplets - Jun 23, 2010
- Lesbian couple in Oz beat 60 million-to-one odds to have quintuplets - Mar 08, 2011
- Indian surrogacy brings twin delights to Australian couple - Jan 08, 2012
- Festivities at home of world's oldest mother continue on (Lead) - Dec 08, 2008
- Jobless Briton fathers 15, with two more on their way! - Nov 27, 2011
- At world's oldest mother's house, it's endless festivity - Dec 08, 2008
- Cancer survivor to become father with years old sperm - Nov 30, 2010
- India becoming a designer baby factory: Author Kishwar Desai (With Image) - May 31, 2012
- Oz couple desperate for daughter abort twin boys - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: baby girl, badhu, bala, doctors, donor eggs, family and friends, fertility gods, giving birth, haryana india, high interest loans, hindu temples, indian woman, ivf, london, parents, rajo, sacrifices, sperm, telegraph, worlds oldest mother