World’s first android marathon flagged offFebruary 25th, 2011 - 5:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 25 (ANI): It has begun - the world’s first pint-sized robos have set off on the world’s first robot marathon.
The event got under way in Osaka, Japan, today with five competitors trying to better each other over the full distance course, which they are expected to complete by Sunday.
Each runner is just 30cm tall but they will still be required to power round the 100m track 420 times to reach the marathon distance of 26 miles - 42km, reports the Sun.
Vstone, the Japanese robot maker and event organiser, said the event will demonstrate the machines’ durability and manoeuvrability. (ANI)
- Robot marathon to take place in Japan - Feb 25, 2011
- Winner of world's first robot marathon crosses the line after 55 hrs! - Feb 27, 2011
- Japan's Robotic actress takes stage - Nov 12, 2010
- IIT-B's annual techfest to kick off Friday - Jan 05, 2012
- Table tennis playing robots debut in China - Oct 11, 2011
- Robots may soon get their own Internet - Feb 10, 2011
- Kenya's Kipsang to debut in Berlin Marathon - Sep 14, 2012
- Robot makes debut performance on stage - Nov 16, 2010
- Portland Marathon 2010 To Kick Off Today - Oct 10, 2010
- Hungarian runner will run 50 marathons in 50 days - Jun 05, 2012
- Fauja Singh calls it a day-only for full marathons! - Apr 23, 2012
- 30,000 expected to run in Delhi half-marathon - Nov 18, 2010
- Smart 3-D simulation robots developed for Robocup 2010 - Jun 19, 2010
- Seven world-class runners for La Ultra marathon - Jul 31, 2011
- Anderson Cooper blasts Snooki on his show - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,