World’s biggest spud looks exactly like Starship Enterprise!September 4th, 2010 - 12:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 4 (ANI): Vegetable gardening is no easy feat, but an amateur has broken the world record for growing the biggest-ever potato that bears an uncanny resemblance to Starship Enterprise.
Peter Glazebrook pulled up the giant spud weighing a whopping 8lbs 4oz, and is now awaiting verification from the Guinness Book of World Records.
“The secret to success is starting with the right seed. It’s learning how to grow them and putting a lot of effort in and picking up tips from other growers and reading what you can about it,” The Daily Mail quoted Glazebrook as saying.
He previously held the world record for the longest carrot, after producing a 17ft long monster. Glazebrook has also been the double Guinness World Record holder for the heaviest parsnip, at 13lb, and the longest beetroot at 21ft. (ANI)
- 3.75 kg potato smashes world record - Sep 04, 2010
- Cornish pasty weighing nearly a ton is world's biggest - Aug 21, 2010
- Cuban man sets fifth Guinness record - Nov 21, 2011
- Chinese farmer smashes world record for growing biggest ever cucumber - Oct 07, 2010
- German pensioner catches world record halibut weighing over 34 stone - Nov 24, 2010
- World's fattest mum eats 30,000-calorie Christmas feast in single sitting - Dec 27, 2010
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- US sumo wrestler becomes heaviest person in history to finish marathon! - Mar 22, 2011
- Giant 1,600lb pumpkin weighs more than a Fiat 500 - Oct 07, 2010
- At 9.7 cm, this woman has world's longest tongue - Nov 02, 2011
- Brit man's world record dream crushed after 121 days with deadly snakes - Sep 18, 2010
- English gardener banned from vegetable show for 'being too good' - Feb 14, 2011
- World's heaviest book displayed in UAE - Aug 22, 2012
- Angler eats huge sea bass that could have been a record breaker - Nov 08, 2011
- 3st rabbit munching his way into Guinness World Records! - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: beetroot, book of world records, carrot, daily mail, giant, guinness book of world, guinness book of world records, guinness world record, guinness world record holder, london, monster, parsnip, peter glazebrook, picking up tips, spud, uncanny resemblance, vegetable gardening, world record holder