World powers fail to make headway in Iran’s nuclear talksNovember 14th, 2008 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Nov 14 (RIA Novosti) Senior officials from the Iran Six group of world powers have said after a meeting in France that little progress had been made over Iran’s controversial nuclear programme, but agreed to meet again in the coming weeks. Political directors of the Iran Six that comprises Russia, the US, China, France, Great Britain and Germany, met in Paris Thursday and agreed that any decision on Iran’s nuclear programme should be made jointly based on the September resolution.
Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization last month had said it was ready to answer any questions the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) had about its nuclear programme and was ready for continuation of talks with Iran Six.
On Sep 27, the Iran Six passed a new UN resolution, calling on Iran “to comply fully and without delay with its obligations” and IAEA commitments.
Iran is under three sets of relatively mild sanctions over its nuclear programme, under which Western powers believe Iran is trying to build an atomic bomb.
But Tehran insists it only wants to generate electricity and has ruled out freezing its work on uranium enrichment.
- IAEA wants Iran to comply without delay on n-issue - Sep 14, 2012
- US condemns Iran's decision to start uranium enrichment - Jan 11, 2012
- European parliament urges Russia, China to back Iran sanctions - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran enriches 100 kg of Uranium to 20 percent (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran, IAEA to hold talks in May - Apr 28, 2012
- France calls for unprecedented sanctions against Iran - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran starts enriching uranium to 20 percent - Jan 10, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- EU accepts Iran talks offer - Mar 06, 2012
- Iran allows IAEA to inspect new enrichment site - Apr 25, 2010
- IAEA to meet Iran over access to n-site - Jun 04, 2012
- Moscow urges Iran to respond to IAEA concerns - Feb 27, 2012
- Russia seeks compromise on Iran sanctions - Mar 06, 2012
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- Iran-Turkey deal 'positive' but falls short: US - May 18, 2010
Tags: atomic bomb, atomic energy agency, atomic energy organization, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, nuclear talks, political directors, ria novosti, uranium enrichment