World has expectations from G20 summit: ChinaNovember 3rd, 2011 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
Cannes (France), Nov 3 (IANS) The international community has expectations from the G20 Summit here in view of the slow recovery of the global economy, Chinese President Hu Jintao has said.
Hu made the remarks Wednesday when he met his French counterpart Nicolas Sarkozy here and discussed issues of common concern.
“The Chinese side actively supports the French side to host the summit,” Xinhua quoted Hu as saying.
Sarkozy expressed appreciation on the efforts China has made to prepare for the summit.
He said the French were ready to strengthen coordination and cooperation with the Chinese for positive results from the summit.
Hu said Europe was the largest economy in the world, and there would be no recovery of global economy without the recovery of European economy.
“We believe that Europe has all the wisdom and capability to resolve the debt problem,” he added.
President Hu paid a state visit to France in November last year and met Sarkozy in March and August this year when the French president traveled to China.
- India can help in Eurozone crisis: Montek - Nov 03, 2011
- Will continue to support Europe in crisis: China - Mar 21, 2012
- World's major economies should work together : Hu (Second Lead) - Nov 04, 2011
- World's major economies should work together : Hu (Lead) - Nov 04, 2011
- China contributing more to world economic growth: Hu - Nov 04, 2011
- Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral ties - Jun 20, 2012
- Chinese president reaffirms support to Europe in debt crisis - Aug 31, 2012
- PM reaches Cannes for G-20 Summit - Nov 02, 2011
- Nicolas Sarkozy vows to protect euro, Europe - Nov 04, 2011
- China demands ceasefire in Libya - Mar 31, 2011
- China calls for global efforts to tackle economic woes - Nov 03, 2011
- G20 must ensure economic growth: Chinese president - Nov 02, 2011
- Chinese, Mexican presidents discuss ties - Jun 18, 2012
- Brazil, Russia, China, South Africa invited for BRICS in New Delhi - Nov 03, 2011
- Chinese president, Canadian PM discuss strategic ties - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: cannes france, capability, china, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, chinese side, cooperation, coordination, debt problem, european economy, french counterpart, french president, french side, g20 summit, global economy, hu jintao, nicolas sarkozy, president hu jintao, wisdom, xinhua