Woman’s leg cut off by glass sheetJuly 10th, 2011 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 10 (IANS) A 19-year-old woman’s leg was cut off by a falling sheet of glass from a commercial building in China, a newspaper reported Sunday.
The incident took place in Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang province. A one-metre-long glass sheet hit the woman behind her knee while she and a co-worker were walking near the 23-storey building, Shanghai Daily reported.
The woman was still in coma after four hours of surgery. Her co-worker escaped with minor injuries.
She was facing the permanent loss of her left leg as the blood vessels and nerves were seriously damaged and almost impossible to be reattached, a doctor said.
- When 50 taxi drivers in China helped an ailing colleague - Sep 08, 2012
- A kiss lands Chinese driver in trouble - Sep 16, 2011
- Thousands evacuated in China as Muifa threat looms large (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Kidney-transplant ring exposed in China - May 30, 2012
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- China braces for Typhoon Muifa - Aug 07, 2011
- Chinese toddler who fell out of 10th floor window remains in coma - Jul 08, 2011
- Shanghai hotel aims to set height record - Dec 20, 2010
- Nine killed in China fire - Dec 14, 2010
- Man smears feces on daughter's mouth - Feb 04, 2012
- Zsa Zsa Gabor hospitalised again - Oct 10, 2011
- Senior Israeli official to resign over sexual harassment - Feb 20, 2012
- Over 10,000 evacuated in China after tankers' collision - May 17, 2012
- Chinese woman hammers nails into boy's head - Sep 14, 2011
- New York gunman kills one; shot dead (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2012