Woman’s body found in suitcase in Hong Kong watersApril 5th, 2012 - 6:56 pm ICT by BNO News
KOWLOON, HONG KONG (BNO NEWS) — Police in the Kowloon area of Hong Kong are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found stuffed inside a suitcase on early Wednesday, officials said on Thursday. The cause of death is not yet known.
At about 7:40 a.m. local time on Wednesday, a swimmer reported that a suitcase with an ‘odd smell’ was found floating in Kowloon Bay near Tai Wan Shan Swimming Pool at 7 Wan Hoi Street in Kowloon, an urban area in Hong Kong. Police arrived at the scene and found a female body inside the suitcase.
“Police didn’t find any identity document from the body which was wearing underclothes,” a statement from the Police Public Relations Branch (PPRB) of the Hong Kong Police Force said. “She was believed to be an Asian woman aged between 20 and 40 and had been dead for about four to seven days.”
Police said investigators consider the death suspicious and a post-mortem examination will be conducted to establish the cause of death.
- Elderly woman's body found in suitcase at Russia playground - Mar 29, 2012
- Woman's body found in train yard - Mar 22, 2011
- Woman's body found in bag on Mumbai beach (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Woman's body found in bag in Mumbai - Apr 25, 2011
- Woman's body found in suitcase on Mumbai beach - Mar 10, 2011
- Indian student raped, murdered in Australia, Krishna calls it unfortunate (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Another woman found in a bag in Mumbai - Mar 15, 2011
- Indian student's murder in Australia unfortunate: Krishna - Mar 14, 2011
- Nine dead, 30 injured in Hong Kong fire - Nov 30, 2011
- Body found in a suitcase in Harlem - Dec 24, 2010
- 375 kg of cocaine seized in Hong Kong - Apr 27, 2010
- Woman's body found in Delhi - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman's headless body found chopped, stuffed in bag (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Woman found dead near Delhi metro station - Apr 24, 2012
- Arrested woman found hanging in police station - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: asian woman, cause of death, hong kong bno, hong kong police, hong kong waters, investigators, kowloon area, kowloon bay, kowloon hong kong, mortem examination, odd smell, police force, post mortem, seven days, suitcase, swimmer, swimming pool, underclothes, urban area, wan shan