Woman who trained Obama family dog Bo dies aged 52January 16th, 2011 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 16 (ANI): The woman who trained US President Barack Obama’s pooch Bo has passed away at a Virginia hospital.
Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz died Wednesday of respiratory failure, her ex-husband Paul Stasiewicz said Saturday.
The 52-year-old started training Bo, the Portuguese water dog, at the suggestion of Vicki Kennedy, the wife of the late Sen. Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts.
The Kennedys had previously trusted Sylvia-Stasiewicz with training their dogs.
Sylvia-Stasiewicz initially had no idea the dog that arrived at her Virginia home two years ago was destined for life at the White House.
The trainer was born in Providence, Rhode Island, in 1958. In the 1990s she founded Merit Puppy Training, which focused on training dogs through positive reinforcement.
Her experience formed the basis for a 2010 book, “The Love That Dog Training Program,” which she co-wrote with Los Angeles-based writer Larry Kay. (ANI)
- Vicki Kennedy involved in a family dispute - Aug 06, 2012
- Here's everything you wanted to know about Obamas' pooch! - Apr 13, 2009
- Bo, the First Dog, loves to chew people's feet: Michelle Obama - Apr 24, 2009
- How Obama's dog was vetted before his White House residency - Apr 14, 2009
- At last... a first puppy for the Obamas: Report - Apr 12, 2009
- Obama's pooch makes friends in Hawaii - Dec 25, 2010
- Drew Barrymore adopts puppy - Feb 03, 2012
- Tabloid blanked Ted Kennedy's sexcapades for gossip on Jackie Onassis - Oct 11, 2010
- Statement from Massachusetts Governor Patrick regarding the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- Pamela Anderson adopts abandoned dogs - Aug 04, 2010
- Swift admires the Kennedy family - Sep 02, 2012
- The First Dog 'will move in on Tuesday' - Apr 12, 2009
- Kennedy widow as successor suggested - Aug 31, 2009
- Vicki Kennedy Thanks Democrats For Passage Of Health Care Reform Bill - Mar 23, 2010
- Great Dane gives birth to 17 puppies via a Cesarean section - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: 1990s, barack obama, dawn, dog training, family dog, kennedys, larry kay, paul stasiewicz, pooch, portuguese water dog, positive reinforcement, providence rhode island, puppy training, respiratory failure, suggestion, sylvia, ted kennedy, training dogs, virginia hospital, white house