Woman, two daughters found dismembered in GuatemalaSeptember 4th, 2012 - 11:07 am ICT by IANS
Guatemala City, Sep 4 (IANS/EFE) The dismembered bodies of a woman and her two teenage daughters were found Monday in southeastern Guatemala, authorities said.
The spokesman for the Volunteer Firefighters, Sergio Vasquez, told reporters that in the village of Cienaga Grande de San Jose Pinula, residents found a head and a hand and alerted the National Civil Police, or PNC, and the public ministry so that they could begin investigating the matter.
Later, authorities reported that a hand and a foot were found in the village of El Pajon de Santa Catarina Pinula and, soon thereafter, the remaining body parts of a woman and a teenage girl were found inside a well.
Vasquez said that the woman was missing a hand and the girl was missing her head.
In another nearby well, the remains of the other girl were found, he said.
The victims were identified by the husband and father of the victims, Jose Luis Lima, as Toribia Perez, 38, and her daughters Jesica and Karen, 16 and 14, respectively.
- Mexican involved in killing of 49 people arrested - Aug 04, 2012
- Three women tortured, killed in El Salvador - Jan 16, 2012
- Mob in Guatemala kills man who murdered two kids - Sep 13, 2012
- Brazilian cannibals made home movie of crimes - Apr 17, 2012
- Dominican pastor booked for molesting 30 kids - Sep 17, 2010
- Briton's dismembered body found in Argentina - Jan 15, 2012
- Gunmen kill eight at Guatemala disco - Jan 23, 2012
- Nine bodies found on Mexican highway - Aug 21, 2011
- Over 100 trafficked people rescued in Mexico - Nov 15, 2010
- Guatemalan cop accused of holding teen as sex slave - Aug 18, 2012
- Guatemalan judge escapes assassination attempt - Dec 31, 2011
- Four killed in Guatemala violence - Jul 28, 2010
- Suspect in slaying of Argentine singer nabbed - Mar 14, 2012
- Blast kills three varsity students in Colombia - Mar 26, 2012
- Headless bodies of four women found in Honduras - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: authorities, body parts, guatemala city, jesica, jose luis, luis lima, national civil police, pnc, public ministry, santa catarina pinula, sergio vasquez, spokesman, teenage daughters, teenage girl, two daughters, volunteer firefighters