Woman takes nurse hostage after bad nose job!June 3rd, 2009 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jun 3 (ANI): A Chinese woman, who was dissatisfied with the results of her nose job, took a nurse at the Sulixiuying Hospital hostage on June 1 and threatened to kill her.
According to the South China Metropolis Daily, Dai Shaorong, the wife of a wealthy businessman, had her nose reshaped in February this year for about 2,000 yuan, reports the China Daily.
Shaorong revealed that she had undergone the cosmetic surgical procedure after a hospital nurse, whose name was not disclosed, persuaded her.
But after the surgery, her nose remained “disfigured and swollen for months”, and as per a director at the hospital, surnamed Yan, Dai was not satisfied with the results of the surgery and visited the hospital frequently demanding compensation.
“Each time we rejected her demand, which is probably why she decided to take the extreme course of action,” he said.
Shaorong visited the hospital on June 1 morning and asked for the nurse who gave her the idea of a nose job, but as the nurse in question was not on duty, the hospital staff arranged for another nurse to meet her on the building’s third floor.
“Dai dropped her barrette on the three-sq-m windowsill on purpose and asked the nurse to step out and pick it up for her,” the report said.
“And once the nurse obliged and wanted to come back into the room, Dai took out a knife and ordered her to stay where she was.
“Dai then climbed out and held the knife on the nurse’s throat as a crowd began to gather on the ground floor.
“I will kill someone today before I commit suicide,” the paper quoted her as having said.
“I will kill this nurse,” she had added.
Meanwhile, fire fighters who had rushed to the scene spread an airbed on the ground floor to break their fall, while police experts attempted to negotiate with her and coax her to let go of the nurse.
“As soon as she was distracted for a brief moment, fire-fighters, who had climbed on the third floor, caught Dai’s hand and freed the nurse,” the paper reported.
The police of Chancheng district, Foshan city, said they were interrogating Shaorong. (ANI)
- UK boy survives 13ft plunge out of window after imitating his cartoon hero - Mar 30, 2011
- Leona Lewis's rep denies nose job reports - Feb 10, 2011
- The cost of getting a new nose in Asia (The Funny Side) - Aug 10, 2012
- Mutilated Afghan girl Aisha asked to face cross-examination or risk attacker walking free - Feb 11, 2011
- Briton serving jail for biting wife, finds new fiancee - Jul 25, 2012
- Patient takes revenge on hospital for 'ruined' sex - May 14, 2012
- 10-year-old becomes Russia's youngest inventor - Apr 07, 2012
- Mutilated Afghan girl Aisha to undergo nose rebuilding surgery in US - Aug 07, 2010
- Poster girl of Taliban oppression unveils new nose - Oct 13, 2010
- Heidi Montag's nose bandage sparks 'more plastic surgery' rumours - Aug 28, 2010
- Oz women with 'designer vaginas' getting psychiatric help - Nov 14, 2010
- Shruti Haasan admits getting nose-job - Feb 23, 2012
- Man beheads wife after she gives birth to son - May 04, 2011
- Kim game for bust lift post pregnancy - Jul 08, 2012
- Streep undergoes hand surgery - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: airbed, china daily, chinese woman, cosmetic surgical procedure, crowd, fire fighters, hospital nurse, hospital staff, hostage, metropolis, New Delhi, nose job, nurs, south china, suicide, wealthy businessman, windowsill, yan, yuan