Woman stabs husband in eye over refusal to peel potatoesMarch 4th, 2009 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 4 (RIA Novosti) A woman in Russia’s Penza region has been sentenced to 15 months behind bars after stabbing her husband in the eye when he refused to peel potatoes, the pnz.ru news website said Wednesday.
The woman, from the outskirts of the city of Penza, stabbed her husband in the left eye with a kitchen knife.
She had earlier served time for murder, and had met her future partner immediately after her release from jail, according to assistant to the regional prosecutor Irina Alekseyenko.
The victim waited three days before going to see a doctor. He initially claimed he had injured himself, but then admitted the truth. The man is now almost completely blind in the left eye.
“The victim begged the court to be lenient with his wife,” Alekseyenko said.
- Cannibal arrested in Russia - Mar 26, 2012
- Wife kills hubby over deathbed affair confession (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Woman kills husband as he forgets her birthday - Aug 17, 2011
- Russian dismembered by wife for not taking shower - Jul 03, 2012
- Woman stabs father, kills self - Sep 02, 2010
- Russian exorcist stabs wife to death - Jun 29, 2012
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- Bride kills groom on wedding night - Feb 20, 2012
- Chinese patient stabs doctor 17 times - Sep 19, 2011
- Russian flood toll rises to 100 - Jul 08, 2012
- "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" Actor Shelley Malil Gets Life Sentence For Stabbing Ex-Girlfriend - Dec 18, 2010
- Weapons used in Pakistani leader's murder found - Oct 01, 2010
- Oregon woman arrested for stabbing husband - Mar 26, 2010
- Shawntina Burston pleads not guilty to murdering her husband - Feb 01, 2011
- Kazakh journalist stabbed - Apr 21, 2012