Woman stabs her two children to deathFebruary 24th, 2009 - 12:37 pm ICT by IANS
Veracruz (Mexico), Feb 24 (IANS) A woman stabbed two of her children to death, wounded a third and then tried to kill herself at her house in the Mexican Gulf coast state of Veracruz, EFE reported Tuesday.
The 35-year-old woman was despondent over her financial and personal situation, the state Attorney General’s Office said Monday.
The incident occurred Sunday in Tres Valles, where Ofelia Parra Romero put her children in bed and slashed their throats, then tried to cut her own throat.
The woman’s husband, Alvaro Aburto Cruz, arrived a few minutes later and tried to save the four, but he was only able to save the couple’s two-year-old daughter, Naciel, and his wife.
Naomi and Bruno, ages 5 and 4 respectively, died, an official said.
Parra Romero, who is in stable condition, was conscious and gave a detailed statement to the authorities.
The woman said she was not sorry about the crime and wished she had been able to finish things off.
Parra Romero said her husband drank, beat her frequently and did not give her money to care for the children, prompting her to end her family’s suffering.
- Seven members of family found dead in Mexico - Aug 14, 2012
- Chinese woman poisons herself, three kids - Apr 01, 2012
- Woman, child die after spat - Mar 28, 2012
- Woman, two kids murdered in Bihar - Aug 17, 2010
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Mexico's 21-yr-old police chief fired after she fails to return from US trip - Mar 08, 2011
- Woman kills minor daughter in Maharashtra - Jun 28, 2012
- Woman, two children murdered in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- Battered baby Falak dies of cardiac arrest (Third Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Human sacrifice in Mexico - Apr 02, 2012
- Former TV host Juan-Carlos Cruz sentenced for planning his wife's murder - Dec 14, 2010
- Three kids killed as mother jumps into well with them - Feb 15, 2011
- Victoria's family is her priority - Jul 12, 2012
- DWTS: Emotional Trip Down Memory Lane - Oct 05, 2011
- Police close to cracking battered baby case (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: authorities, bruno, efe, few minutes, gulf coast, mexico, money, old woman, own throat, parra, personal situation, romero, stable condition, state attorney general, suffering, valles, wife naomi