Woman stabs boyfriend for calling her lesbianAugust 1st, 2010 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 1 (IANS) A British woman stabbed her boyfriend in the groin after he called her a lesbian, while her sister refused to call an ambulance and left him to bleed to death.
Samantha Brown, 20, stabbed Dean Darvill, 23, after he accused her of having a lesbian affair. She then left the scene, leaving him bleeding on the floor, while her sister Toni, 25, refused to call an ambulance at their home in Higher Blackley in Manchester, a court heard. Darvill bled to death.
Samantha was sentenced to five years in a young offenders institute for the stabbing, while Toni was handed a four-year jail term for the manslaughter of Darvill, a maintenance worker, by the Manchester Crown Court, which said he was “more than likely to have survived” if medical attention had been sought, the Daily Mail reported.
The court was told Samantha, Darvill and another woman went to Toni’s house Jan 9 to spend the evening drinking. Samantha went upstairs with the woman and did not come back for several hours, and at 1 a.m. Darvill found them in a “compromising position”.
A row erupted during which he accused them of having an affair, and Samantha picked up a kitchen knife and plunged it into her boyfriend’s upper thigh, severing several arteries. Darvill fell to the floor and asked Toni to get him an ambulance.
But Toni refused, and when the other woman tried to call the emergency service, she slapped her and the call was abandoned.
Toni eventually phoned Darvill’s family but would not reveal her address to his panic-stricken relatives. She even tried to reassure them by saying she had also stabbed her boyfriend and he needed only five stitches.
She finally called the emergency services at 3.10 a.m., but by then it was too late, and Darvill was pronounced dead at the North Manchester general hospital.
- Pakistani kills ex-girlfriend with hammer - Jun 07, 2012
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Pregnant Asian Muslim stabbed to death in Britain - May 09, 2012
- Woman kills daughter's boyfriend in Patna - Jul 11, 2011
- Man sentenced to life for killing sister-in-law - Jul 18, 2012
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
- Italian dies after wife stabs him in genitals - May 16, 2012
- Man Beheads Sister, 5, in Front of Cops - Mar 31, 2009
- Shawntina Burston pleads not guilty to murdering her husband - Feb 01, 2011
- Lover kills woman for taking another man's name during sex - Sep 08, 2010
- Indian jailed in Italy for killing son - Dec 23, 2011
- Woman lawyer murdered in Karnataka High Court (Lead) - Jul 08, 2010
- Wife kills hubby over deathbed affair confession (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Husband, father-in-law arrested over Asian woman's death in England - Nov 19, 2010
- Oz woman who stabbed beau applies for bail over burst breast implant - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: arteries, blackley, british woman, daily mail, darvill, groin, having an affair, jail term, kitchen knife, lesbian affair, lesbian london, maintenance worker, manchester crown court, manslaughter, medical attention, north manchester, sister toni, stricken relatives, upper thigh, young offenders institute