Woman slices girl’s tongue to attain wealthOctober 21st, 2010 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 21 (IANS) A woman in Maharajganj district of Uttar Pradesh allegedly sliced off the tongue of her neighbour’s four-month-old daughter Wednesday after a godman told her it would make her rich.
Manju Devi, 35, a resident of the Siswan village, committed the act on the directions of a self-professed godman who was visiting her house regularly for the past few weeks, police said.
Locals found the four-month-old girl Mansi inside Devi’s house, lying near a ‘havan kund’ (ceremonial fireplace).
Devi and her family members are absconding.
“The girl was bleeding profusely at the time she was recovered from Manju Devi’s house. She has been hospitalised and her condition is stated to be critical,” police inspector H.C. Bharti told reporters Thursday in Maharajganj, some 300 km from Lucknow.
- Man kills niece for prosperity - Aug 10, 2010
- Man sacrifices boy on godman's suggestion - Aug 09, 2011
- Police identify rapist of minor girl - Dec 31, 2010
- Four of family bludgeoned to death in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 13, 2011
- Infant critical after falling off mall's escalator - Jul 04, 2012
- Human sacrifice: Four arrested for killing girl - Oct 08, 2011
- Policeman suspended for beating girl - Dec 19, 2009
- Three held for minor's murder in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 17, 2010
- Woman arrested for sacrificing infant - Jul 13, 2011
- Railway employee held for raping minor - Jul 28, 2010
- Couple sacrifices daughter to attain wealth - Aug 18, 2010
- Teacher thrashes boy for leaving classroom - Aug 26, 2011
- Woman kills five children, commits suicide - Oct 07, 2011
- Evidence links Achuthanandan's son with jailed 'godman' - Nov 29, 2011
- Cylinder blast causes roof collapse in Delhi, five injured - Jan 04, 2011