Woman sentenced to death for trafficking 49 childrenApril 17th, 2010 - 8:25 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 17 (IANS) A court in China has sentenced a woman to death for trafficking at least 49 children, a media report said Saturday.
The court in Hubei province sentenced Yu Lixiang to death while two others - Du Minghua and Yu’s sister Yu Xiaofen - were sentenced to life terms in prison Friday.
The 23-member child trafficking ring was convicted of buying 49 children from Yunnan province and selling them to people in Hebei province, Xinhua reported Saturday quoting a statement from the Wuhan Railway Transport Intermediate Court.
The ring, busted in May and June 2009, sold boys for up to 40,000 yuan ($5,860) and girls for up to 20,000 yuan ($2,930) each between March 2005 and July 2009.
The other 20 accomplices were sentenced to two to 15 years in prison.
- Two get death penalty for selling 46 infants - Sep 28, 2010
- Chinese woman gets death for infant trafficking - Jun 17, 2012
- 31 abducted infants rescued in China - Jun 01, 2012
- Three charged in deadly China bombing - Mar 31, 2012
- Chinese dungeon rapist sentenced to death - Feb 01, 2011
- Chinese man jailed for selling his three children - Feb 16, 2012
- Top Chinese official jailed for bribery - Dec 08, 2011
- Man sentenced to death for raping nine in China - Feb 01, 2011
- China jails 14 people in tainted milk case - Apr 30, 2011
- More foreign women being trafficked to China - Dec 05, 2011
- Chinese child-trafficking ring busted - Jul 06, 2012
- Chinese gets death sentence for killing 11 people - Jul 28, 2012
- Chinese man to die for keeping sex slaves - Jul 19, 2011
- Chinese brothers, father get death sentence for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Chinese couple jailed for selling their kids - Oct 27, 2011