Woman sent to police custody for involvement in attack on Ram Rahim SinghMarch 14th, 2008 - 9:24 pm ICT by admin
Karnal, Mar 14 (ANI): A local court on Friday remanded a seven-days police custody to a woman for her alleged involvement in the last month’s attack on Dera Sacha Sauda (DSS) chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
On Thursday, Haryana Police have arrested a Muslim woman, Praveen alias Meena, for attacking Ram Rahim convoy on February 2 in which the chief of DSS was escaped unhurt.
The main development in this case is the arrest of Praveen, daughter of (late) Saddique Mohammad from Patiala yesterday. She originally belongs to Bhainikala. Her main role in the incident is that she kept with her for 15 to 20 days the explosives that were used (in the attack), said Surindra Bhauria, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Karnal.
Secondly, she was ready to become a human bomb initially as she had given her consent for it. Thirdly, the entire conspiracy was planned on the mobile given to her by Bakshish Singh and she was in continuous touch with him,” he added.
Preliminary reports had suggested that RDX was used to carry out blast at the Dera Chiefs convoy.
Earlier last month, police had released a picture of an ex-militant, who is one of the accused in the attack on the Sikh sect chief.
Police officials said they were on the lookout for Bakhsish Singh, the mastermind behind the attack. Bakhsish is reported to be an active member of the banned separatist outfit Bhindranwala Tigers Force of Khalistan.
Last year, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh appeared in a print advertisement, dressed up as Guru Gobind Singh, the revered 17th century Sikh guru, which led to large-scale violent protests by Sikhs. (ANI)
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- Wanted Khalistani terrorist arrested in Amritsar - May 30, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Punjab town after clashes - Jan 02, 2011
- Punjab police arrest wanted Khalistan Liberation Force terrorist - May 30, 2010
- Khalistan terrorist held in Amritsar (Lead) - May 30, 2010
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Punjab town tense after Sikh group-Dera followers clash - Mar 08, 2011
- Security tight in Haryana following Sikh sect protest - Feb 28, 2010
- Curfew continues for second day in Mansa district in Punjab - Jan 03, 2011
- Punjab town curfew enters third day, relaxed briefly - Jan 04, 2011
- CWG on Punjab terrorists, ISI radar: intelligence report - Jul 23, 2010
- Man held for attack on Dera sect chief - Sep 07, 2008
- Dera Sacha Sauda not allowed to hold congregation - Sep 03, 2009
- Sikhs take their ire against Ram Rahim Singh to streets - Jun 23, 2008
- Security tightened in Punjab following Dera Sacha Sauda protest - Mar 01, 2010
Tags: 17th century, active member, chief police, convoy, deputy superintendent, dss, february 2, guru gobind singh, haryana police, human bomb, karnal, local court, mastermind, meena, muslim woman, police officials, ram rahim singh, sacha sauda, sikhs, violent protests