Woman reunites with daughter after 45 years in MalaysiaOctober 3rd, 2010 - 4:51 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Oct 3 (ANI): The emotions ran high when a mother-daughter duo, separated due to poverty, re-united after 45 years.
For a few moments, both were speechless but then saleswoman Low Por Boey couldn’t control herself to rush into the arms of her long-lost mother and tears flowed freely.
“I never thought I could have the chance to meet my daughter again,” the Star Online quoted 78-year-old Chiam Siew Ngoh, who could not contain her joy to be able to also meet son-in-law Tan Kim Chooi, 46, and two grandchildren.
The emotional reunion at Chiam’s house in Weld Quay came three months after Tan decided to make his wife’s cherished dream come true.
She knew she was adopted because her birth certificate bore the names of her foster father and biological mother.
Chiam said Low was given away in 1965 when she was a month old.
“We worked as farmers and were too busy to take care of nine children. So, when Low’s foster parents asked to adopt her, we agreed,” added Chiam.
Low’s foster parents later moved to another village and Chiam lost contact with them.
However, with the efforts of Low’s husband, they were able to track her mom and hence, the joyful re-union happened. (ANI)
- War-torn Guatemalan family reunited after 25 years - Feb 09, 2012
- Stolen as infant, back as teen: Kashmiri twin's tale (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Kristine Casey gives birth to her own grand-son - Feb 14, 2011
- Delhi celebrates Mother's Day by pampering moms - May 08, 2011
- Miley Cyrus' Grand Plans For Her Birthday! - Nov 24, 2010
- 'Brave' - fun, emotional adventure ride (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 23, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey's Mother Vernita Lee Gave Away Patricia For Secret Adoption - Jan 25, 2011
- Twitter helps homeless NY man reunite with daughter after 10 yrs - Feb 27, 2011
- Angered over no sons, man kills wife, daughter in UP - Aug 14, 2012
- "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham's Mother Arrested - Jan 19, 2010
- 'Today I killed my wife', man writes in diary - Sep 15, 2010
- Separated 40 years ago, united on live TV - Aug 19, 2011
- Girl in coma wakes up hearing mom sing - Jun 19, 2012
- Latest trend: Mother-daughter 'cosmetic surgery duets' - May 09, 2010
- UTV Television launches second Marathi show - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: 45 years, biological mother, birth certificate, emotional reunion, emotions, farmers, few moments, foster parents, grandchildren, kuala lumpur, lost mother, mom, mother daughter, poverty, quay, three months