Woman offers 10-years free-work for father’s cureMarch 30th, 2012 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 30 (IANS) An indigent daughter of a man in China has offered to work free for 10 years in any company which will support her ailing father’s medical expenditure.
Her father is diagnosed with leukaemia and requires a bone marrow transplant.
Zhu Aijing, 23, a post-graduate student at Henan Normal University in Henan province’s Xinxiang city, is looking for a company or a philanthropist willing to pay for her father’s medical treatment, the China Daily reported.
In return, she will work for ten years for free.
According to Dahe Daily, Zhu was born to a poor rural family, but worked hard and passed the post-graduate entrance exam. Earlier this month, Zhu learned that her father had been diagnosed with leukaemia.
Doctors said her father could be cured with a bone marrow transplant, but the cost was beyond the family’s means. Though they are eligible for 149,725 yuan ($23,767) from state medical insurance, it is not enough for the operation.
- 1.28 mn Chinese register for bone marrow donation - May 17, 2011
- Iraqi woman gets new life with bone marrow transplant in India - Sep 23, 2010
- Rihanna, Alicia Keys seek help for cancer patient Tavarez - Jul 09, 2010
- Child star Tavarez battling cancer - Jun 22, 2010
- Robin Roberts Back at 'Good Morning America' - Aug 21, 2012
- Pak businessman is Delhi's first marrow transplant case from unrelated donor - Sep 17, 2012
- 'Lion King' musical star Shannon Tavares dies at age 11 - Nov 03, 2010
- Two units of umbilical cord blood 'reduce leukemia recurrence risk' - Nov 14, 2009
- Pakistani couple sell daughter to save son's life - May 16, 2010
- "The Lion King" Star Shannon Tavarez Loses Battle With Leukemia - Nov 03, 2010
- Rihanna works to help leukaemia-stricken Olympic hopeful - Jan 08, 2010
- Shannon Tavarez, The Young Broadway Entertainer Dies At 11 - Nov 03, 2010
- Canada's first Indian-origin woman minister dead - Sep 22, 2010
- UAE helps Syrian girl get medical treatment - Aug 28, 2012
- 'The Lion King' star Shannon Tavarez dies - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: 10 years, beijing, bone marrow transplant, china daily, doctors, graduate entrance exam, graduate student, henan province, insurance, leukaemia, medical expenditure, medical insurance, medical treatment, philanthropist, post graduate, rural family, xinxiang, yuan