Woman leaves 100,000 pounds for pet dogApril 19th, 2009 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 19 (ANI): A never married woman has left a whopping 100,000 pounds in her will for her dog’s care.
Former Mayoress Win Frankland, a retired headmistress and local Conservative councilor in Hyndburn, Lancs, left the money in trust to look after her faithful fox terrier Nell.
The dog’s owner died suddenly from a suspected heart attack just before Christmas last year, at her home in Great Harwood, Lancs.
The dog, aged 4, will now be cared for by a friend of Miss Frankland’s, using the interest on the legacy to keep it in the lap of luxury for the rest of its life.
Fortunately for Nell, she made her will out in 2005 to make sure that her beloved dog was provided for.
Win left 20,000 pounds to her former Mayor’s attendant and chauffeur Jayne Carmody to care for any pets that might be alive upon her death.
She also left 80,000 pounds for the creation of a trust fund - income from which was to be used for the maintenance of any of her surviving pets.
A second terrier had to be put down last year due to ill health.
Even her cousin Geoffrey Hanson was surprised to see the details of her will.
“It was a bit of a surprise really but she always kept dogs and never married or had children,” the Daily express quoted Geoffrey as saying.
“I suppose it is better than a dogs’ home for Nell. She also left money to her godchildren and the church,” Geoffrey added. (ANI)
- Dog walking 'one of UK's fastest-growing job' - Apr 10, 2011
- Dog survives after being stabbed 21 times - Nov 16, 2011
- Night vision goggles being used in dog fouling crackdown - Jan 30, 2012
- Meet 22-year-old Billy, the world's oldest dog! - Sep 23, 2010
- Brit transsexual left "half man, half woman" after boob job refusal - Apr 06, 2010
- Dog left $11m in owner's will! - Jun 18, 2010
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- Charlie Sheen accuses Denise Richards of stealing dogs - Mar 29, 2011
- Missing dog returns after five years - Nov 30, 2011
- Texas Mayor Jayne Peters kills her daughter & then commits suicide, also leaves 4 separate suicide notes - Jul 16, 2010
- "The Biggest Loser" Host Inspired By Her Dog's Weight Loss - Jan 16, 2011
- Osbourne hires nanny for dogs - Dec 14, 2011
- Paris Hilton Refuses To Give Permission To Kill Her Rabies Infected Pet! - Nov 26, 2010
- "The Biggest Loser" Host Alison Sweeney Launches Weight Loss Program For Dogs - Jan 15, 2011
- Cooked - not raw - food provides more energy - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: carmody, chauffeur, christmas, councilor, cousin, daily express, dogs, fox terrier, godchildren, great harwood, hanson, headmistress, heart attack, ill health, lancs, lap of luxury, legacy, married woman, pets, trust fund