Woman kills herself in party officeJuly 22nd, 2012 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 22 (IANS) A 61-year-old woman died of severe burns after she set herself on fire at an office of Russia’s ruling United Russia party in Siberia region, RIA Novosti reported.
Veronika Gerasimova was hospitalized with burns over 90 percent of her body in Novosibirsk city Wednesday. She died Sunday. A lawyer who tried to put out the fire is recovering from burns to his face and arms.
The woman paid for an apartment but thought its construction was below par and sued the developer. She sought legal help from the United Russia party but lost her court case, leading to frustration.
- Three kids die in Siberian building collapse - Sep 14, 2012
- Russian pilot dies of heart attack mid-flight - Jan 21, 2012
- Plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jul 04, 2011
- 17 died in New Year fires across Russia - Jan 03, 2012
- Ammo train explodes, sets off Siberia wildfire - Jul 26, 2012
- Five die of heart attack during Russian polls - Mar 05, 2012
- Four teens held for rape, murder of minor girl - Apr 14, 2012
- To escape rape, Russian woman jumps from fourth floor - Jul 06, 2012
- Woman uses bra to strangle neighbour - Aug 21, 2012
- 82-year-old Russian woman jailed for slaughter - Aug 30, 2012
- Man jailed for trafficking heroin in Russia - Aug 28, 2012
- Rally in Moscow for fair presidential vote - Jan 09, 2012
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- Russian woman jailed in failed terror attack - May 19, 2012
- Three Russian presidential candidates denied registration - Jan 21, 2012