Woman kills five while rushing beau to hospitalJuly 23rd, 2012 - 12:36 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A woman, rammed her car into a group of pedestrians and killed five people outside Moscow, has admitted to drunk driving but claims she was carrying her boyfriend to the hospital.
The incident occurred late Saturday near the city of Staraya Kupavna, some 20 km to the east of Moscow, Moskovsky Komsomolets daily said.
Yekaterina Zaul, 24, crashed her Land Rover into a group of people walking on the roadside, killing five of them, including a seven-year-old girl, reports said.
Another underage girl was hospitalised. She is in stable condition, the daily added.
Zaul admitted taking several whiskey shots on that day, but said she was rushing her boyfriend to hospital from an outdoors party because he started to asphyxiate, Vesti.ru cited her as saying.
Regional police did not comment on Zaul’s story, but filed a case over the incident that may land her in prison for up to nine years if charged and convicted of gross traffic rules violations that resulted in multiple deaths.
- Russian kid found living with cows - Jul 28, 2012
- 10-year-old becomes Russia's youngest inventor - Apr 07, 2012
- Gunshot kills Russian government official - Dec 29, 2011
- Five killed in car accident near Moscow - Jul 22, 2012
- Woman stabs father, kills self - Sep 02, 2010
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Russia - Aug 17, 2012
- Mother throws crying baby from 14th floor - Mar 03, 2012
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Moscow (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Woman set ablaze in Moscow - Apr 06, 2011
- Russian woman jailed for ordering father's murder - Sep 15, 2011
- Russia to test first combat drone in 2014 - Apr 20, 2012
- Russia needs fair elections: Gorbachev - Sep 22, 2011
- Uzbek couple jailed for selling daughter - Jun 21, 2012
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death over pet rat - Sep 21, 2012
- Woman keeps dead baby in fridge for five years - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: deaths, drunk driving, girl reports, land rover, moscow, moskovsky komsomolets, nine years, old girl, pedestrians, regional police, ria novosti, stable condition, traffic rules, underage girl, vesti ru, whiskey shots