Woman jailed for plotting daughter’s murderJune 15th, 2012 - 10:05 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 15 (IANS) A 73-year-old Russian woman has been sentenced to two and a half years in jail for plotting the murder of her daughter over a property dispute, RIA Novosti reported.
Khaniya Ziganshina of Tatarstan region was found guilty of preparing to organise a contract killing. She would serve her term in a standard-regime prison, and official said.
The pensioner decided to hire a hitman to kill her 47-year-old daughter because of disputes over a flat in 2012.
However, an ex-convict neighbour she asked to help carry out the scheme, instead alerted the police.
The woman was arrested after an undercover policeman posing as the killer met to hand over photos from the supposed murder scene and receive the first part of the payment, 27,000 rubles ($900).
The woman denies the charges.
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- Another arrest in Shehla Masood murder case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Bangladeshis jailed in Dubai for human trafficking - Oct 31, 2011
- Shehla Masood murder: Women architect, contract killer nabbed (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Indian-origin woman's killer down with cancer - Jul 13, 2011
- Shehla Masood case: Woman interior designer, contract killer held (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Twin murder: Couple held for hiring contract killers - Jun 19, 2011
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Pakistani kills ex-girlfriend with hammer - Jun 07, 2012
- Case filed against mom caught selling toddlers - Jun 02, 2011
- Murder case in Italy solved after 35 years - Jan 19, 2011
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Women architect arrested in Shehla Masood murder case - Feb 28, 2012
- Woman in Russia jailed for selling newborn son - Jun 03, 2011
- Goa serial killer sentenced to life - Jun 10, 2011