Woman jailed for burning fiance` to deathJanuary 4th, 2012 - 12:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 4 (IANS) A woman in Britain has been sentenced to 23 years in prison for killing her fiance by locking him up inside the couple’s workshop and setting fire to the building.
Julie Dixon murdered her fiance David Twigg by locking him in a storeroom at the couple’s workshop in Burgh le Marsh, Lincolnshire county, and setting fire to the building, the Daily Mail reported.
The 43-year-old then dialled emergency telephone no. 999, telling them she and her fiance` had been attacked by two masked intruders who were responsible for the killing.
She changed her story on the second day of her trial, however, when she first said his death was the result of a failed joint suicide pact and then saying it was an assisted suicide.
Twigg had died as a result of the fire which was lit March 13 last year.
Judge Heath told Dixon her performance in the 999 call and to the emergency crews at the scene, including to the firefighters and at the hospital “would have been worthy of the highest praise had she been an actress in some fictional drama and would have warranted an Oscar nomination.”
- Wife locked up hubby as building burnt - Dec 09, 2011
- Man plunges to death after girlfriend - Sep 03, 2011
- Man held for locking up women as sex slaves - Sep 23, 2011
- 'Superstitious' woman burns herself, two daughters alive - Oct 05, 2011
- Briton slashes own throat live on internet - Dec 02, 2011
- She made 800 hoax calls to cops, now faces jail - Dec 30, 2011
- UK woman calls police over stolen snowman - Dec 04, 2010
- Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Italian tourists rescued after calling Boots branch - Jun 15, 2012
- Pet owner calls 999 to get rid of irritating cat playing with string! - Dec 30, 2009
- Michelle Heaton leaves her baby locked up in her car - Jul 16, 2012
- British woman reports stolen snowman to police - Dec 04, 2010
- Couple calls ambulance to save cat - Aug 19, 2011
- Wife lures men for sex to kill husband, jailed - Jul 31, 2012
- Huge chemical fire breaks out in Canberra - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: 23 years, actress, assisted suicide, burgh le marsh, daily mail, david twigg, dixon, emergency crews, emergency telephone, fiance, firefighters, heath, intruders, lincolnshire county, london jan, oscar nomination, setting fire, storeroom, suicide pact, worthy of the highest praise