Woman invites saviour dog to be guest of honour at her wedding!January 23rd, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 23 (ANI): A woman is so grateful to a strangers dog for saving her from dying of hypothermia that she has invited it to be guest of honour at her wedding.
Zoe Christie, 21, had become lost in the winter darkness while out walking back in November 2004.
It was John Richards and his boxer dog Boris who found her with severe hypothermia in a field near Ottery St Mary, Devon, at the time.
Considering the severity of the womans illness, doctors told her father that they might have to formally identify her body.
The 21-year-old, who lives in nearby Newton Poppleford, spent two weeks in intensive care after medics battled for four hours to resuscitate her.
Christie, who is currently a care assistant, will be tying the knot with her fiance Chris, 25, in October.
“We were total strangers but now know each other’’s life stories. John and his wife Sheila are first on the reception list when we come back to England from our wedding in Turkey, the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“They will be our guests of honour - and I would love Boris to be there too,” she added.
Richards said: “I had walked past Zoe but Boris found her and wouldn”t come so I turned round and went back.”
He revealed that upon finding Christie, he initially thought that he had a dead body before him, and thus called the emergency services.
However, a Devon and Cornwall police officer found a slight pulse.
The womans heart stopped as the helicopter flew to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where she had to have her blood re-circulated.
Christie’’s dad Trevor, 40, of Yonder Street, Ottery St Mary, said: “We never thought we would see the day. When she was lying there in intensive care we didn”t know if she would have brain damage but she has made a full recovery. She owes her life to that dog and his persistence.” (ANI)
- Charlie Sheen accuses Denise Richards of stealing dogs - Mar 29, 2011
- Charlie Sheen calls ex Denise Richards a "dog-thief" - Mar 29, 2011
- Shania Twain And Frederic Thiebaud Exchange Seaside Vows - Jan 04, 2011
- Elderly father dies while saving drowning daughter - Jul 16, 2011
- Kate Middleton lookalike becomes crowd-puller in Canada - Apr 23, 2011
- Russian spy Anna Chapman pours her heart out - Apr 17, 2011
- Unable to care for wife, man commits suicide in Rolls-Royce - Oct 28, 2011
- Dogs affected by oil spill get new home - Aug 12, 2010
- Adopt homeless dogs: Trisha Krishnan (With Images) - Jun 05, 2011
- Indian-origin woman dies of rabies in Britain - May 29, 2012
- Russian woman loses fight to keep dogs instead of parents - Jul 29, 2011
- Drew Barrymore confirms that she is pregnant - Jun 07, 2012
- Ann Powles found buried under ice after her death - Dec 23, 2010
- UK man jailed for raping virgin on town centre pavement in full view of motorists - Mar 17, 2011
- Lennox the dog put to sleep in Northern Ireland - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: boxer dog, brain damage, christie, cornwall police, dying of hypothermia, fiance, guest of honour, intensive care, john richards, life stories, medics, newton poppleford, ottery st mary, ottery st mary devon, royal devon and exeter hospital, saviour, tying the knot, wife sheila, winter darkness, womans heart